New client colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hiya guys this is a new client I have on tues
She hasn't coloured her hair since nov, been growing it out!
But now she has had enough!
It's it good condition but obvs needs a good cut 😊
Will attach some pics
she is aiming for a all over blonde she isn't to fussed weather it's Ashey/beige just wants A nice all over blonde, basically said give me a nice blonde that you think will suit me!
Iv advised her to go down the h/ls root with a light brown flooded and build on them after removing previous colour
But she really wants it blonde
(globel)
Any advise would be great!
Thanx in advance x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373083923.726619.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373083942.720948.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373083960.095774.jpg

Personally i wouldnt hilight this hair, you would have to use an effasor to strip the previous colour out then seen what result you get xx

I already said that hun il be removing the previous colour on mids and ends then I advised a full head of h/ls then flood with what every colour will counteract the warm colour I was left with after removing previous colour
Hopefully I can life it to a level orange Underlying pigment so I can use a level 7 to flood
Just wondered if anyone had any dif opinions I.e high lifts as she wants a all over blonde but iv advised against it x

Oh sorry ye lol. Definatly advise against a full head blonde. Just start by doing a full head hilights maybe some low lights to even it out a bit. Good luck xx

Oh sorry ye lol. Definatly advise against a full head blonde. Just start by doing a full head hilights maybe some low lights to even it out a bit. Good luck xx

Thank you and Yes I said I would flood with a level 7 to break it up!
depending on the amount of lift and underlying pigment I get from using my blondi Rae
Does anyone else have any different opinions I.e high lifts? X

I'm out in the sun so can't see pic very well what's on ends?

Thank you and Yes I said I would flood with a level 7 to break it up!
depending on the amount of lift and underlying pigment I get from using my blondi Rae
Does anyone else have any different opinions I.e high lifts? X
I would think maybe a hi lift would go to golden as it will through gold off anyway after being cleansed x

I already said that hun il be removing the previous colour on mids and ends then I advised a full head of h/ls then flood with what every colour will counteract the warm colour I was left with after removing previous colour
Hopefully I can life it to a level orange Underlying pigment so I can use a level 7 to flood
Just wondered if anyone had any dif opinions I.e high lifts as she wants a all over blonde but iv advised against it x

I would go the route your going down... We are not miracle workers, keep to your guns and if she doesn't want highlights let her go elsewhere to ruin her hair :)

Would it not be a idea to take a test piece strip it and see what the results are then go from there? Advise her that based on the level of lift from the eraser the best option would be to do hl to start to break it down and build the blonde up gradually?

Personally I don't like to suggest or advise without saying we may be able to do either this or that but until I take a test piece I can't give you a set method as to what will work best?

I would highlight. You could go down the stripping route to get it more web quicker, but I think you could also get away with very fine really packed in highlights. Using a lower peroxide at the root than you do on the ends to achieve even lift. I had a client like this the other week who was blonde black and then brown, and managed to achieve an even colour with toning too. It will be all down to consultation too, cause ok assuming when you start to lift that out you will get an orange undertone and to clients that is ginger, not blonde (annoyingly!!) haha. The slower you do it the cleaner better colour you will get xx

Hi guys thank you for all your replies!
I'm seeing her prop tues to take a test piece and do a full consultation so will go from there when I have results back on test pieces
defo think il stick to my guns with the h/ls and flooding
so no to the high lifts and there is no way I would bleach that all global!

Sounds perfect just maybe put a little 6 in with your base If the all over colour goes quite light as I effasored the ends of a client and I did a 7 and found it faded very quickly . But with the 6 next time it gave it a little grab

Thank you Hun but i always go a few shades lighter after using blondi Rae it can tend to go slightly darker so I think the 7 will go more like a 6 then fade out to a 7 nicely x

Latest posts

Back