New client gel soak off problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perrenialpear

Reaction score
Hi geeks, this is my first post!

I have been browsing the nail geek for months now whilst training and setting up my home salon and I have been really amazed by the wealth of advice on here - so thanks!

I am posting because I had a new client today who requested a soak off before having Gelish applied. I asked when she made the appointment (a day in advance of her coming in) what product she currently had on and she thought it was Gelish, she could not go back to her usual salon to have it removed as she has moved away from the area.

So today when she arrived I got started with the soak off, I broke the seal with a file and then wrapped the nails using Gelish soak off gel remover. When I unwrapped about 10 mins later nothing had happened to the product, a slight softening at best! So I re-wrapped and waited............and still nothing much happened! I asked the client where she had had the product applied and she said it was, in her words, 'a chinese nail bar in London'. She said she thought it was Gelish as it was in the same little bottles. Eventually, nearly two hours later I had managed to file/soak/buff her fingernails and toe nails to the point where I could prep and apply Gelish soak off gel.

The new client wanted a french manicure, but requested no pink layer, she just wanted the white smile lines with top it off over the foundation gel. I had no expereince doing that and was unsure but she was insistent she did not want any 'colour' just a clear top coat. Now I am unsure it it will last as well.

Please can anyone give me any advice about how to handle soaking off unknown product, and also if it is ok to put top it off straight over foundation gel?

Thanks from a new, now slightly worried and tired geek!

hiya welcome hun you're right so much experience on here i've been using gelish for a year now but still have problems from time to time and this is the first place i come to! Well done for getting that soak off done, with regards to the french if that comes up again the simple sheer is not a pink colour just brings out the tones in the natural nail so will be a good one to use, i've never had to put top it off straight over foundation, my educator said that with a french you should do 2 white + 2 colour but don't worry if she comes back with a problem just say that it was most likely due to the fact she insisted on missing the colour coat. Honestly in my earlier days i've done all sorts of things forgot to buff, add ph bond dry brush foundation!! And you know what they were all fine and i spent days worrying about it! xxx:D

Latest posts

Back