New client texted me and said I suck!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy! totally ignore her! only if she calls you tell her straight that you know what she is up to, don´t be shy, there is no point as you know you will not be able to and do not want to retain this client. Tell her if she comes in at a time to suit you lets say between 9-10am Monday you will remove her polish free of charge and refund her 50%. Then after the deal is done tell her to kiss your:green: sorry i meant to say tell her she is not welcome in the future. She really needs telling so don´t be sheepish! oh and your flogging a dead horse if you think you can prevent her sla**ng you off to everyone.

Thank you everyone! I let the salon owner know. The girl had emailed her, saying that I did a horrible job and lied saying that I didn't offer to redo them!!! View attachment 66614

I love that the owner made it clear to her that she was rude

EDIT: Attachment has been removed due to personal details (name and email) contained on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow she is basically bulling your salon by publically rating your salon negatively ! That is not correct. At the end of the day you have done urself a dis service and yourself bcoz like a spoilt child she is throwing a tantrum your boss gave Into her fake complaint and lies. Thus re assuring this rude woman that her behaviour is acceptable and she got what she wanted / free nails. And so I am sure she will do this to another salon shortly ... Untill someone says : NO.

She left your nail table happy. If they chipped or peeled then re do them.
If she was not happy she is not blind she can look and complain while she is sitting at the nail table.

I have also been bullied by clients and taken for a ride. It's so upsetting for you as a therapist. Don't let ppl knock your ability in yourself ! She is just a silly cow.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I'm a bit annoyed she got her money back... She sounds like a total bully!

She should not have got that refund....

Thank you everyone! I let the salon owner know. The girl had emailed her, saying that I did a horrible job and lied saying that I didn't offer to redo them!!! View attachment 66614

I love that the owner made it clear to her that she was rude

EDIT: Attachment has been removed due to personal details (name and email) contained on it.

Do you work in a nail salon or rent a table in a salon etc??

Can't believe the owner gave her a refund.

Wow that manager wants to be very careful. If anyone else gets wind off the client getting a refund when she wasn't due one, every tom, dick & harry will be tryin it on. She definitely should've put her foot down more. You seem more assertive than your manager haha atleast you didn't give in.

Last edited:
Sorry im not from nails... but when somebody new comes in to the salon for treatment and slates off their previous salons they've been too I get the impression she is a lady who is hard to please and wants something for nothing! Dont doubt yourself! I bet your nails looked gorgeous. In future dont refund unless you take the nails off aswell! Cant believe that cow got her money back

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do.

I'm sure the manager had her reasons for her course of action. It's not good to think that people will get away with trying to get refunds for this type of thing, but having recently had to make a decision about not speaking out against one of our tutors, it's not always as simple as it looks.

I do believe in karma. It helps.

Do you not have a standard "management reserves the right to refuse custom" anywhere?

She's one person. Why are you giving her so much power? She didn't like the nails,you have her options which she refused as she's clearly after a freebie. That's it! It's over, you know they were good, she isn't getting any money back so don't worry about it!

I noticed you said you gave her x, y and z free? Did you do this before or after she started bad mouthing the other techs because she could have seen this as you trying to keep her sweet?

Sorry, I missed the bit about her getting her money back. Yeah I agree with the others, that really should not have happened. It undermines you and your work.

Latest posts

Back