New client's son bullies mine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies - what would you do? A client has recommended me to a friend of hers. I've booked her in for next week. It turns out that her son bullies my son. I've only found out about this today and don't know all the details but I feel awkward. Any advice? Thanks :)

Sorry to hear your son is being bullied. I would take this up with his school immediately.

Personally I would treat both situations as completely separate entities. The majority of good parents would be mortified if they found out their child was bullying another, I know I would be, so don't be overly concerned with repercussions.

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Get her to bring her son along next time she comes in for her nails. Then you start taking about school etc ..
Not sure where I'm going with this. . ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry to hear your son is being bullied.

As HappyFeet says, find out more details and then take it up with school.

Continue with the appointment, play it by ear and don't do anything in haste. Make sure you know the facts before making any decisions.

What an awful situation for you. I agree with HF though in treating them separately. It's your choice at the end of the day though and if you feel you couldn't do it, then it is what it is.

If it helps, in my other job I've been in a couple of situations where I have had to Nurse someone that did something awful to someone I knew. I managed it by being aware of my own emotions and trying to switch them off and remaining completely professional. It wasn't pleasant, but it was done.

Definitely leave personal situations at the door, for all you know this client could be lovely and oblivious to how her son behaves xx

Thank you ladies for your fantastic advice. Yes, I should continue with the appointment and act professionally but also I need to find out all the facts.

As background - our boys went to the same junior school where bullying occurred. I did speak to the Head and not long after the boy left this school and joined another. This boy has now started at the same secondary school as my son and apparently the bullying has started again on the bus. I don't know if this lady has clicked who I am yet but it could be awkward! Oh well I'll do the best I can, take her money and not be overly concerned if she doesn't rebook.

Thanks again x

I hope she does click... and feels embarrassed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If she does click and you can both talk about it with an agreement that the bullying stops that is great.

If she doesn't click I myself would not be able to continue with her as a client unless I could discuss the situation.

And if the situation is discussed it could be good or it could be very bad.

The only thing I do know is that I would not sit and do the nails of anyone whose child is knowingly bullying my child.

And I would not sit and do the nails of someone who is unaware that her son is bullying my child without mentioning it.

Having written this it leads me to the conclusion that I just might pass on taking her as a client.

Hope you find the solution to your dilemma. x

Latest posts

Back