New CND lamp - light gone out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmojo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my new CND lamp delivered last week - and I'm loving it. My clients say it's really comfy.

I've got a question though that I can't find an answer to.... on the top are the 3 white lights, and the middle one has gone out - does this mean anything? There's nothing in the manual about it so I'm hoping it's nothing bad, but want to be sure. It went out this morning after I had done one client, and halfway through the second. The UV 'appears' to be working still but I'm just rteally worried that something may be up. I had left the lamp on the whole time (about 1/2 inbetween clients), on only power on - not the UV on! Any idea's...?!

Thank you xx

Hi there,

Have they bought out another lamp? Mine is the new one they created for shellac and has 4 bulbs not 3... Bit confused if you've bought a new lamp that I don't know about or if you have to old brisa lamp.

Anyway not sure why your bulb would be out after a week! Maybe a loose connection, when you out the bulbs in did you check they were pushed in until they click? Have you accidentally dropped it or knocked it?

If not maybe it is faulty, I'd give sweet squared a call first thing. They have all the answers! Lol x

Think OP is refering to the standby lights when power is on but the actual lamp is not switched on i.e. number of seconds showing, red light under power button.

If it doesn't appear to be affecting the performance of the lamp then just looks like the little bulb underneath has gone, maybe knocked in transit? But if u are concerned call S2 to clarify :)

probably a fuse gone.....i would just ring the suppliers, they will have a look at it I'm sure as it's so new.

As someone has said, those little lights just show that power is getting to your lamp. There is not less power being delivered just because one of the tiny indicator lights is not working.

I do believe however that you are entitled, having paid for it, to a perfect CND Lamp.

Don't delay, but call and report it and ask what to do and I'm sure you will be sent another and once you have it you can return the slightly less than perfect one.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure they are standby lights (and not the UV ones, sorry for the confusion there) and I'm being paranoid but I'll phone tomorrow and check. I knew they'd be closed today hence asking here. I really don't want to send it back as it's so lovely - I don't think I could face using my old one again even for a few days!

Thanks Geeg, just seen your reply too. I'll give them a call for sure.

I phoned sweet Squared today and was advised that the bulb being out is not a problem and that the lamp still works properly - hooray!! I said I was disappointed that it had failed after only a week but unless I return the lamp to them there is nothing they can do i.e. they won't send one out to me first before I return mine. I can't return it as the only other one I have is a daylight and won't work with Brisa :-( But at least it's still working :)

Latest posts

Back