New CND remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susandoeshair

Reaction score
I have to tell you all how totally impressed I am with the new product remover by CND. I didn't want to like it since its so much more expensive than my generic pure acetone I can get on sale for $xx a gallon, but it's is sooooo amazing. Now, after 30+ years in the Biz, not much impresses me, but CND has a real hit on their hands here!
I used it on six clients to remove their Shellac and gelColor, and it came of thoroughly and left the nails feeling, and looking healthy and well hydrated. Even the clients said they could feel the difference after removal.

I know my friends there in the UK are anxiously waiting its arrival, but believe me, it WILL be worth it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting us know, hoping it is going to be launched here in uk next week at our trade show, some of my clients have very dehydrated nails so hoping this is going to stop all this!

Susan, have you used Dsolve before? How d you feel it compares to this?

Susan, have you used Dsolve before? How d you feel it compares to this?

Zooks Susan's isn't from the sheep she won't of been able to try Dsolve as its only available in the UK
Dsolve isn't a CND product :)

Zooks Susan's isn't from the sheep she won't of been able to try Dsolve as its only available in the UK

Isn't from the sheep? What does that mean?

I have to agree, it's FANTASTIC!

Leaves nails clean and hydrated. Smells good too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't from the sheep? What does that mean?

Sorry Susan I was on my iPhone which seems to have a weird habit of changing words randomly!
All It was meant to say that you arent from the UK so won't of been able to try Dsolve :)

Sorry Susan I was on my iPhone which seems to have a weird habit of changing words randomly!
All It was meant to say that you arent from the UK so won't of been able to try Dsolve :)

Oh, classy, I was really just kidding :). My cousin is from Nottinghamshire and we're always teasing each other about our sayings. I knew what you meant.
Kinda sorry I've not had the opportunity to try Disperse or Dsolve. The only solution is to come for a visit!

This did make me chuckle!

Has anyone used both? How do they compare :)

I don't know if there will be many who will have used both, Zooks.

DSolve is only available in the UK and the CND remover currently not here yet, hopefully this month though, and then we can do some comparisons x

Hello there,

I am hoping one of you lovely ladies will be able to help me - I have only been using Shellac CND for a very short while and I am struggling with the removal :sad: I have tried normal acetone and Dsolve both with foil wraps for 10 mins and the result is the same it just crumbles rather than lifting of the nail plate in one or large pieces; then I have to scrape the whole nail with an orange stick. This leaves the nail with a residue that is not very professional, obviously I am doing something wrong and I would appreciate any advice.

To be honest I have removed Shellac only on myself by simply picking it off and it is a better result :o

Many thanks x

Hello there,

I am hoping one of you lovely ladies will be able to help me - I have only been using Shellac CND for a very short while and I am struggling with the removal :sad: I have tried normal acetone and Dsolve both with foil wraps for 10 mins and the result is the same it just crumbles rather than lifting of the nail plate in one or large pieces; then I have to scrape the whole nail with an orange stick. This leaves the nail with a residue that is not very professional, obviously I am doing something wrong and I would appreciate any advice.

To be honest I have removed Shellac only on myself by simply picking it off and it is a better result :o

Many thanks x

That IS how it removes?! I can only assume you haven't had Shellac training or you would know that this is exactly what it does and will never come off in one piece. So you aren't doing it wrong but I would strongly suggest you take a class so you know how you should be applying and removing it

I'm still struggling with the remnants of base coat that always remain. I've been on the course and the tutor confirmed I was applying and removing correctly and she was happy with my base coat application yet still the darned stuff seems to want 'encouraged' off! I use only CND products (with the exception of foil and cotton instead of wraps) and DSolve to remove. I've never had a perfectly clean, residue free nail yet. Do we think it's the use of foil and cotton rather than the wraps? Are these so much more effective? Xx

I'm still struggling with the remnants of base coat that always remain. I've been on the course and the tutor confirmed I was applying and removing correctly and she was happy with my base coat application yet still the darned stuff seems to want 'encouraged' off! I use only CND products (with the exception of foil and cotton instead of wraps) and DSolve to remove. I've never had a perfectly clean, residue free nail yet. Do we think it's the use of foil and cotton rather than the wraps? Are these so much more effective? Xx

Good question.

There should not be any base coat remaining if the base coat is applied nice and thin. Go even thinner than you are doing with the base coat. Thinness varies with all of us at every appointment.

Another thing you can do is to go over the soaked off nails with a good scrub of D.Solve after removal .. usually this alone will remove any traces of base coat. The real trick is the thin application.

I do 2 or even 3 nails with each dip of the brush into the base coat and even go back sometimes and go over the first nail I did with the unloaded brush to remove any excess base coat that might be there. I also never do a pinkie nail with a newly loaded brush but instead I save the pinkies until last as there is always enough in my unloaded brush to base coat a pinkie nail. HTH

CND Shellac Wraps have been created to give the most efficient removal, the way they are designed are so that you get the correct placement of the Dsolve/Remover and they stay nice and tight which may be the trouble you are having with base coat residue.
Foil if you can get correct placement and keep them tight will work but as soon as a client bends her finger I found the foil moved.
The new remover will reduce the removal from 10 mins to 8 mins and also contains nourishing ingredients so much nicer for your client and great for your timings :)

When I started using CND Shellac over 2 years ago I did many experiments using Acetone, Dsolve, Wraps and Foils to see what gave the best results and my personal discovery was that Dsolve and CND Shellac Wraps out did everything else.
I can't wait to use the new CND Remover and do a bit more experimenting :D

Hello there,

Many thanks x

Sounds like you would benefit from some Shellac training.

Good question.

There should not be any base coat remaining if the base coat is applied nice and thin. Go even thinner than you are doing with the base coat. Thinness varies with all of us at every appointment.

Another thing you can do is to go over the soaked off nails with a good scrub of D.Solve after removal .. usually this alone will remove any traces of base coat. The real trick is the thin application.

I do 2 or even 3 nails with each dip of the brush into the base coat and even go back sometimes and go over the first nail I did with the unloaded brush to remove any excess base coat that might be there. I also never do a pinkie nail with a newly loaded brush but instead I save the pinkies until last as there is always enough in my unloaded brush to base coat a pinkie nail. HTH

That's a good tip! I always hate that my pinkies are so well covered with base coat coz I naturally do them first on the right hand. Do you do the pinkies last with colour coats too?

That's a good tip! I always hate that my pinkies are so well covered with base coat coz I naturally do them first on the right hand. Do you do the pinkies last with colour coats too?

No I don't. It is much easier with the colours to assess how much you are applying.

Some really good tips in this thread. I love seeing techs support one another. It took me a while to get a feel for the perfect thickness of each coat, most especially the base. It really is thin to win! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

anyone heard any new yet on when this is going to be avaiable I've been checking S2 daily. I can't wait to put in an order but want to get the remover too!

Latest posts

Back