New home salon advice on attracting clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachaelk

Reaction score
Hi wonder if you can help me i have set up a salon at home six months ago and i have got a website and i advertise in the local paper every week and i have only managed to get about 5 clients in 6 months!!:eek: Does anyone have any advice on how i can attract more clients. Also when the clients came they were surprised the salon was in somebodys home they thought it was a shop even though the advert and the website state its in my home (converted outhouse in the garden) clients seem put off by it. Has anybody any advice?

Hi wonder if you can help me i have set up a salon at home six months ago and i have got a website and i advertise in the local paper every week and i have only managed to get about 5 clients in 6 months!!:eek: Does anyone have any advice on how i can attract more clients. Also when the clients came they were surprised the salon was in somebodys home they thought it was a shop even though the advert and the website state its in my home (converted outhouse in the garden) clients seem put off by it. Has anybody any advice?
http://www.salongeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html try this link hun

do you leaflet at all? xx

Why dont you let us have a look at your website and perhaps scan a copy of the add you use - it sometimes helps to have an independent eye over these things, and we can perhaps then give you our views on what you can change.

Definitely the leaflet idea is a more direct way of advertising. With just a website and a paper ad, you're having to wait for people to take notice of the ad, or stumble upon your website.

If a leaflet is going through their door, they're much more likely to take notice. Maybe look at taking out some cheap adverts in the post office window, community centre boards and that kind of thing.

:hug:

It does take time to build up when you work from home. Is there a town flyer or brochure you could advertise in. What about a who does what which is produced every december with local business, doctors, dentists, police etc phone numbers. Can work out well over £1000 per year but you will eventually be able to stop advertising. Tesco, also on the business cards rack. Unfortunately that is where most of your money will go the first 3 years, advertising, extra equipment and extra training. Can get demoralising as there never seems to be anything left over for you, and always dipping into savings as you are just still building the business. It is:) worth it in the end but you do need to be financially comfortable before you go in to business.

Latest posts

Back