New job!! Switching from wella to l'oreal??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
Afternoon guys. Well I have handed in my notice and starting my new job in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but scared at the same time! Think I will lose alot of clients as the salon is 12 miles away from where I am now, so will miss them all so much. I know some will follow, but with everyone being skint I think they might not want to travel to get there hairs done.
Anyway, the new salon uses L'oreal, which I have never used before and I currently use Wella (which I love), so am just wondering if this has happened to any of you guys and if you got used to the new colours quick enough? And if L'oreal have a good range and coverage etc?
Thanks x

Hey, loreal is lovely- it is one of the top quality brands like wella. I was working in a wella salon and I use loreal and I love it. Its very easy to get used to. There is majarel which is the main colours which are the perminant ones.
Richessse and didiacolour which is the semiperminent/blonde toners. There are the most used products. There is alos lots of other options such as loucolour and colour supreme. They are lovely to work and they do beautiful reds. I think you will be very happy with the products xxxx

Hi, just exlpain this to them ,
and if you are unsure it will give you the chance to say " well I used wella so can you tell me is this just like this and that just like that"?
do try and watch the colourists, and don't be scared to ask loads of questions as you go along , and you will soon learn loreals ways ,
Loreal usually have in house product training too
and good luck with your new job :hug: x minky

Hi funny reading your post cos I have been in exactly the same situation as you. Started part time in a salon about 5 months ago and was so used to Wella for years. Majeral is really good and at first I used there help line quite a bit. Watch out for mixing of covering grey. Using cool tones you can mix a base colour with but when using warm tones i.e 6.45 add some 6.3 instead of just 6. Hope this makes sense and good luck with your new job.

Latest posts

Back