New Majirel highlift - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pancakes

Reaction score
There has been a relaunch by L'oréal. They promise lasting cool shades...

Really? I haven't heard of this. I remember when they brought out a hilift for inoa and then recalled it all 😑

Really? I haven't heard of this. I remember when they brought out a hilift for inoa and then recalled it all 😑

Wasn't that because of safety reasons or something? Sure I heard that somewhere

Yeah i think so. I only ever use l'oreal but I've used wella's hi-lifts and I have to say you do get a better result. Maybe this new range will deliver more 👍

Yeah i think so. I only ever use l'oreal but I've used wella's hi-lifts and I have to say you do get a better result. Maybe this new range will deliver more 👍

Yeah I've only ever used wella so wouldn't know any different haha. Heard schwarzkopf's are good though. What was so unsafe about them?

I honestly don't know they came and went fairly quickly

They now said it was tested over 1200 times in many different salons - probably as an insurance after the INOA blonde desaster 😂

Still curious!

Wasn't that because of safety reasons or something? Sure I heard that somewhere

They had severe cases of breakage /disintegrated hair - but not for the first applications but after a few...

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418334659.912506.jpg

They had severe cases of breakage /disintegrated hair - but not for the first applications but after a few...

Why would you reapply a highlift anyway:/

Was this the ultrablond?

My hair was horrendous after using it twice!😲 hopefully theyve made this a lot safer and nicer!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was this the ultrablond?

My hair was horrendous after using it twice!😲 hopefully theyve made this a lot safer and nicer!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't understand why you'd want to overlap a highlift anyway?

I don't understand why you'd want to overlap a highlift anyway?

Even if you don't want to you still overlap a tiny bit everytime you retouch a colour. You just cannot avoid at all. That with inoa ultra blonde caused snapping hairlines and crown areas

Even if you don't want to you still overlap a tiny bit everytime you retouch a colour. You just cannot avoid at all. That with inoa ultra blonde caused snapping hairlines and crown areas

I agree. It's impossible to not overlap by a tiny bit.. and hilifts swell like a bitch anyway!

Apparebtly the peroxide bottles were exploding in the warehouses?! 😮😱

I had breakage using this product and I'm very neat and never overlap... But the colour did seep up the hair and the breakage occurred at the neckline and around the ears. I'm quite reluctant to trust a new highlift again from L'Oreal. Especially if it is ME based rather than ammonia!

I had breakage using this product and I'm very neat and never overlap... But the colour did seep up the hair and the breakage occurred at the neckline and around the ears. I'm quite reluctant to trust a new highlift again from L'Oreal. Especially if it is ME based rather than ammonia!

No it's ammonia based :)
Ditched bleach retouches to try that stuff in january when it will be released. There is a new ultramarine pigment added into the formula - so let's see.

No it's ammonia based :)

Ditched bleach retouches to try that stuff in january when it will be released. There is a new ultramarine pigment added into the formula - so let's see.

Ultramarine pigment? What does this mean?

Ultramarine pigment? What does this mean?

TECHNOLOGY
With the introduction of Icium+, a new iridescent colourant used for the first time in a L'Oréal Professionnel product, it provides extra neutralisation delivering shimmering icy results. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426794209.395647.jpg

Latest posts

Back