New Majirel highlift - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally I tried Majirel highlift in Ash+ (,11) with 40 vol. for 50 min.

It's not as light as Wella Koleston 12/81 but it looks like a nice cool level 8. Roots were 4 weeks ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426794629.092596.jpg

Ultramrine is whats added to bleach powders to make it blue. It was traditionally made of crushed up lapis lazuli. It doesn't really give that strong an effect in neutralisation.

It's not as light as Wella Koleston 12/81 but it looks like a nice cool level 8. Roots were 4 weeksView attachment 83658

Its kinda hard to see the roots properly. I cant work out whether its a shadow.

Its kinda hard to see the roots properly. I cant work out whether its a shadow.

I guess I need to wash it a few times as my conture now is still a tad darker/shadowyImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426795948.761734.jpg

It's not as light as Wella Koleston 12/81 but it looks like a nice cool level 8. Roots were 4 weeksView attachment 83658

Looks a lovely blonde, def seems cooler than original majiblonde. I ordered one of each but been using up old stock first so not tried them. I'm also a bit wary after the problems they had last year with the revamped majiblondes that got discontinued! Good to hear some positive feedback on them!

Looks a lovely blonde, def seems cooler than original majiblonde. I ordered one of each but been using up old stock first so not tried them. I'm also a bit wary after the problems they had last year with the revamped majiblondes that got discontinued! Good to hear some positive feedback on them!

It's way cooler than Majiblonde! If you still need warmth then neutral and beige do the trick. Violet is also lovely on lighter bases. My hair is around a 6

I tried it on my sister, but trying to use up old stock.
Loved how easy it was to mix.

It's way cooler than Majiblonde! If you still need warmth then neutral and beige do the trick. Violet is also lovely on lighter bases. My hair is around a 6

Wish my hair would lift that clean with a hilift! 😂

Wish my hair would lift that clean with a hilift! 😂

The key is to have tiny roots then the overlap is clean 😅

Never more than 4 weeks

I'm a base 4.. 3 in some areas so even still I'll glow orange 😂

My sisters probably a base 5 and throws out a lot of warm. And I used the beige on her. And it was actually a pretty nice colour! X

I'm just in the process switching back to Majirel from Kp (I like the reds much better in L'Oréal) and I literally just came on here to ask if anyone has used the new highlift yet! It looks really nice, it looks like a good clean lift:) xxx

Sent from my D2303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Pancakes, what volume developer did you use? You mentioned something about finally being single process blonde using 60 volume...

Pancakes, what volume developer did you use? You mentioned something about finally being single process blonde using 60 volume...

Yes that was the before Majirel Highlift. On this 40 vol was used.

My natural hair colour is somewhere in between a 6.3 and 7.3. I applied the Majirel high lift ash+ hoping it would be enough to cancel out my gold tones and this is the result. I plan on toning with a Wella semi as this colour is too gold for my liking. I love how your hair turned out Pancakes, I noticed that your natural hair is a lovely neutral-ash brown. I plan on experimenting with the Wella Koleston high lift colours to re-touch my roots once they grow out instead of Majirel, thanks Pancakes for the recommendation. My ultimate goal is to be a single process level 9 neutral blonde without having to use bleach, anything above a 30vol or a toner afterwards...wish me luck! o_O
Is this the result of using highlift? Wow, that is dark and warm! I would suggest to bleach it gently to a yellow stage and tone it to a cool beige level 9. When you get roots after 3-4 weeks you can try their highlift again. Maybe it will lighten enough then. That color on the picture is too dark for toning.

Hi Pancakes,

Yes that is the result of the majirel ash+ high lift with a 30 vol. Bleaching to a light yellow is what I plan to do as a toner isn't going to take to my hair like this, (I just realised I forgot to mention that in my last post) then I'll use one of the Wella toners to tone.

Although I understand the concept I'm quite unfamiliar with high lift as I've never been trained in it so I am keen to learn more. In a few weeks I'll do some patch tests on my roots and I'll try the Majirel ash+ again but I'll also experiment with a few of the Wella high lifts and I'll use the 40vol instead of 30vol as the 30vol didn't lift my hair enough.

I'll post a pic of the results.
I am looking forward to see your results. Yes, I would select 40 vol to have more lift. Also I would mix the ash+ with violet as it appears lighter and cleaner.

For your dark haired clients I cannot really suggest something as you are not supposed to mix between highlift and standard shades, but I had a colleague who added 6.1 to a highlift w/ 40 vol. on a base 4 to get it to neutral 7/8.

@cblonde If you are taking a level 4 to a 7 why not just use permanent colour, rather than highlift? You would get more neutralisation.

But you can't let the client choos their own color formula! As adamlea87 said, their isn't enough pigment in a 12 to neutralize the warmth at a 7!

Latest posts

Back