SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoirSBC

Reaction score
Hi all!

My name is Rebecca, a registered nurse from London. I am looking to start my beauty business sometime next month. I am level 2 trained in facials at the moment but looking to advance as time goes on! :)

Welcome to the forum ,
I am sure you are going to love your new career. I still love mine ( 40 years in it !) Despite the most horrendously damaging last couple of years. ☺️

Welcome to the forum ,
I am sure you are going to love your new career. I still love mine ( 40 years in it !) Despite the most horrendously damaging last couple of years. ☺️
Aw great, I am really looking forward to it

Hi! I left my senior staff nurse post in 2020 to retrain in Beauty and I've never looked back! I now have a home based salon taking clients for gel nails, massage, waxing and more! Would never go back to my old life now, so well done on making this change!! xx

Wow it has done my heart good to see this post. I have been a registered nurse for almost 20 years. I went back to school for nail technician and esthetician. However, I have not had the courage to start my own business or take clients. I have terrible confidence. I’ve tried getting hired at a salon either nails or esthetician with no luck. Thank you guys for sharing this post. Figured I was the only nurse to do this. My family thinks I’m nuts to walk away from Nursing as it pays so well.

Wow it has done my heart good to see this post. I have been a registered nurse for almost 20 years. I went back to school for nail technician and esthetician. However, I have not had the courage to start my own business or take clients. I have terrible confidence. I’ve tried getting hired at a salon either nails or esthetician with no luck. Thank you guys for sharing this post. Figured I was the only nurse to do this. My family thinks I’m nuts to walk away from Nursing as it pays so well.
Hi there I'm in a similar position, though I'm not a nurse I have a good paying govt job here in Australia and no one is encouraging me to pursue beauty as a career but I have done my nail technician training and contemplating doing a diploma in beauty or having a home salon down the track.

I too lack confidence and get courage then I am easily set back. I need to work on my timing and the only clients I've had so far are a couple of friends and a girls pamper party!

Latest posts

Back