New MINX lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsarahH

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
The new black Minx lamp is the way to go.

Super pro looking with branding on the lamp, clamps to tables for ease of use and is much better hauling around in bags or trolleys if you need as it is light and also flexible, you can fold it in half to fit in a bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is absolutely worth it.

It is professional-looking, logoed up :green:, light weight and has all the safety features you really must have when working with such a hot lamp in peoples' homes, as welll as the adjustable heat slider which you NEED to apply the longest lasting Minx and so that you and your client are comfortable when working. Don't really need to add any more to that list.

The lamp you mention has no safety features, no way to hitch it to the table, not stable, no adjustable heat slider, no adjustable positioning (which I use all the time) no logo, not professional quality and looks like what it is in my opinion a cheap heat lamp that is not made for the job you are doing ... your risk if you buy it.

If you can afford to buy it, then the Black Minx lamp is the way to go.

Last edited:
Ive been looking at the minx kits as I want to do the training after Ive done my mani/pedi training. Does the black lamp come with a matching base so it can be stood up rather than being clamped to a table?

Ive been looking at the minx kits as I want to do the training after Ive done my mani/pedi training. Does the black lamp come with a matching base so it can be stood up rather than being clamped to a table?

No it does not.

The base would have to be very very heavy (which is what you have with the white Minx lamp) and a very heavy base is not suitable for mobile technicians.

If you want heavy base and a free standing lamp then the White Minx lamp is for you. It has all the safety features as well and the adjustable heat.

Thankyou :D As you can tell Im very new to all this .....how would a mobile tech say doing Minx Toes work around this if there was nothing to clip a lamp too ?

Im in pondering mode today after I had a dream about Minx last night lol

Again I would say that the Minx black lamp is the one.

You will look professional by using it, and can fully trust that you have the right lamp for the job - if things start going a bit wrong with your Minx some where down the line, you may have to buy a Minx lamp anyway... which costs you more in the long run.

This little white lamp also leave no room for manoeuvre from what I can see, I am not sure that you will be able to apply Minx to toes with this? The black Minx lamp is very flexible and can be bent into almost any angle - safely.

My mother always said to me "If you are going to do something Rachel, you must do it properly" - good advice that :D

The black lamp does not come with a seperate base. By it not being on a base means that you can bend the lamp to any angle you like without burning your client, your self or any surrounding furnishings etc

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
:lol:
Thankyou :D As you can tell Im very new to all this .....how would a mobile tech say doing Minx Toes work around this if there was nothing to clip a lamp too ?

Im in pondering mode today after I had a dream about Minx last night lol

There is always something to clamp the lamp to. Any table edge or chest of drawers etc. chair arm .. come on!!! It ain't that hard!

Last edited:
Ive just ordered the black minx one. Thanks for your wise advise x

Ive just ordered the black minx one. Thanks for your wise advise x

You will be very pleased with it ... plus it has a white bulb instead of a red one so you canactually see what you are doing at the same time! Which helps. x

My mother always said to me "If you are going to do something Rachel, you must do it properly" - good advice that :D
Heee Rachel, I think your mum is a very wise lady :) xoxox

Latest posts

Back