New Salon- One or two skincare ranges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkprincess01

Reaction score
Hi im due to open a new salon and im a bit stuck on my skincare ranges. I have got two faves so was thinking of having them both what do you think, would you all just have the one range or is two ok?

Thanks xx

Hi im due to open a new salon and im a bit stuck on my skincare ranges. I have got two faves so was thinking of having them both what do you think, would you all just have the one range or is two ok?

Thanks xx

what are the 2 you're thinking of? how are they different? xx

Which brands are you considering?

I think two is a good idea, but they need to complement each other, not be too similar

Oh yeah, would help if i told you which ones wouldnt it! :)

Gerards and crystal clear, what are your thoughts? xx

Oh yeah, would help if i told you which ones wouldnt it! :)

Gerards and crystal clear, what are your thoughts? xx

I dont know much about gerards chicken, but CC is fabbo, good luck xxx

Sorry, I don't really know much about either of those! But tell me what you like about them and what they do :hug:

Some Of The Salon I Visit Have Crystal Clear And It Is Very Popular - I Have Not Heard Anything Bad About It.

Not Many Salons Have Gerard's I Think

2 Skincare Brands Is A Good Idea As Long As They Compliment Each Other And It Fits Your Budjet

Well gerards is up and coming so ive been told it does the green tea abdominal massage as seen on supersize vs superskinny basically a non invasive colonic. As well as many other treatments, caviar facial, chocolate body treatment, hot stones etc etc. And well crystal clear i would eventually like to do the microdermabrasion etc but its a known brand and i really like there products. I think i might go for both, i did get told to just have one range but that was by a skincare company who obviously want me to spend with them solely but as it happens im not that keen with them anyway.

Bloody hell its so hard to know what to do for the best!!!!

Sounds good. I think the idea of 2 brands is great, what you need to consider (and it sounds like you have) is what type of client you would like to target, what type of skin conditions you would like to help with, and therefore what treatments you would like to offer. So are Gerards more natural / aromatic / relaxing and Crystal Clear more scientific / results based? (Btw, I am not implying Gerards are not results based!)

Thanks for the advice girls, i think the two would go well together. I can only try i suppose and see how things go, my salon not open yet but once it is i will let you know how they are.

xxx:)xxx

Sorry

I Was Not Putting Gerards Down In Any Way, Just, Its Not In Many Salons In The Uk - But Crystal Clear I See Lots Of Salons With The Machines Whom It Works Well With.

I Have Had A Crystal Clear Facial, Even Though It Is Not A Pampering Experience I Still Enjoyed It.

If You Need A Model To Practice On , Give Me A Shout.lol.

No i know what you mean about gerards its not that known as crystal clear but the treatments do seem really nice but i think its probably best to take on the crystal clear aswell least then its a brand people know whilst im letting them get to know the gerards. Thanks honey and sure you can come be my model :hug:

Thanks - Its About Time I Had The Treatments Instead Of Having To Give The Treatments.lol.

I use Gerards and it is excellent it offers a really nice range of treatments. I think using the both would really work well. :hug:

I use Gerards just for my chocolate treatments which are soooo nice to have done as well as to do.

I have often worked with 2 ranges and I think as long as they offer your clients something totally different, then it's a good way to go.

After going to Excel though , I'm now toying with the idea to again have another secondary range to go alongside Algologie.

I'm offering 2 brands at my salon, but as I have only bought the 2nd one in this week and haven't done any publicity, can't judge how its going to go.

hello there,
i think two totally different ranges is a good idea you can appeal to a wider audience then.
crystal clear is a very good name - will give you kudos and i think alot of celebs endorse it.
have had a facial of theirs i found it really good but not particularly relaxing more of a hard working instant result - used to use it in a salon where i worked and sold lots of courses easily.
I was using gerards up until a few months ago in my salon- had alot of problems with poor customer service and getting complete orders they would take the order and not even half would arrive!
I found they promised alot and never lived up to there word. that was just a small part of why i stopped using them whcih i wont bore you with,
Just please be wary of them
but 2 ranges would be great - think the second one whether it is gerards or not should be a more pampering luxourious range tho.
will be interested to see what you decide on.
luce

Hi, Where abouts are you based sometimes I think that can decide what to do. I live in Doncaster and stock Dermalogica as its well known and quite resonable. xx

Hiya,

Thats really interesting to hear about gerards thats the first negative thing ive heard about them so i might have to do a bit of digging to see how other people are experiencing there customer service. I really wanted to have elemis but with all their conditions its just ridiculous!

I'l just have to keep doing my research :eek: Stress!

I Defiantly Would Stick To Crystal Clear As That Is What I Call A Treatment Facial Range, Why Not Go With A More Holistic Facial Range (trad French Facial) To Pamper Your Clients.

And A Body Range In The Same Range Too.

Latest posts

Back