New Salon right near me.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancynails

Reaction score
:sad: They opend there new salong next to me (about 5 minuts from me) and It´s looks soo nice in there!! They are alot of nailtechs there (about 10 vietnamese girls and boys)
Anybody heard off them? Are they good? If they are, I think i have too move this city isn´t big and we are allready 3 nailtechs here :sad: And they are so fast!! 40 min for a full set!

http://www.professionail.com/

If they are doing a whole set in 40 mins sounds like they could b an NSS, may be wrong tho-don't like to assume these things :wink:
But don't leave town-their clients will need a good tech to fix the mistakes and ruined nails-if it is an NSS that is...

i agree... stay put, business may be slow at first but you will soon have them rolling in..

I know.... But I dont really know if I want to compeat whit them:suprised: One off there client has allready been here for a soak off, they filed right trough her nailplate :!: Then put akrylic over. But everybody can have a bad day and do something wrong, thats why I don´t screem Nss.

I don´t want to move because I have a nice little salong in a good town, the people here got much money and tip well, the houses are wery expensive and a lot of the womens don´t have so much to do only shopping and coming to me:D But if I move... I will move to a larger town, maybye not so many regulars clients like here, a lot younger people whit a little smaler whalet. And I will have to rent in a hairsalong so I can´t do hairextensions cause the hairdresser do that....

My spelling isn´t the greatest.. Whoha!!:Love:

I think you should stay put too!!

If they've already filed through one clients' nailplate it won't take long for word to get around.

I have had a similar situation whereby a lady is doing nails cheaper than me and very close to me, at first everybody gave her a go and because her nails aren't staying put for longer than 2 days and she doesn't offer any other services i.e. nail art they have come back to me.

Hang in there mate!

Teri x

we have Professionail here in NZ with the Asian people. Out of curiosity I had a set of 'acrylics' put on before I started my course with Creative. They used electric files and the set was in within the hour. BUT, when it came time that I wanted them off and not a 'backfill', the filed them down a little, then got another false nail and pryed off the one on my nail with that! Yes, it did hurt! I came away with very thin and weak nails for a few months!! They are not getting a very good name around here. I wonder how much longer they'll be around for!

We have plenty of not so good nail salons here and they do pretty good business. The problem for people who actually are salon and do good nails don't get as much business because everyone thinks it's normal for your nail to be as thin as wet paper and to be sore and all the other crap! They arn't educated and so of course will go where it's cheaper and faster, they don't know any better. I wish I could pass out flyers or something so people would know that this crap isn't normal! It's just so frustrating. If I were you I would stay and FIGHT! Keep your clients and take theirs!

will explain why it took me 2 hours too soak off that acrylic:irked: And if they use MMA it´s not forbidden here (i think:rolleyes: )

booweeza Thanks, very intresting.....

And I belive that hurts, why take off akrylic that way, when u can soak it off :eek:

Yep they have got professionail here in australia too they seem to be popping up on every corner. But i wouldn't worry to much most people go there for one fill cos "it's so cheap" and never go back there again.
The one near where i work they like to "prep" the nail by using the e-file to file most of the natural nail off.:eek:
And as for the 40minute full set thats not soo bad. Some over here can fix u up in about 20!!!:eek:

What I find very interesting is that after only 3 complaints, someone investigated the matter.

In the UK, they don't do anything about it !!

Marlise

:sad: They opend there new salong next to me (about 5 minuts from me) and It´s looks soo nice in there!! They are alot of nailtechs there (about 10 vietnamese girls and boys)
Anybody heard off them? Are they good? If they are, I think i have too move this city isn´t big and we are allready 3 nailtechs here :sad: And they are so fast!! 40 min for a full set!

http://www.professionail.com/

I'd say dont waste your time and energy worrying about them just keep up your head held high and work on, your customers will remain loyal so dont worry there are 4 nail salons where i live and still enough business for every one. :hug:

Hi there

Here's something thats available here for us to print out & pass onto clients.
Creatives New Edge: nail products, nail supplies, nail technician education, nail care, nail polish, manicure, acrylic nails, nail art, gel nails, nail course, nail professional supplies, nail technician course, beauty, design, kit Melbourne, Austral
Click on education in menu bar
Scroll down to MMA info click - save - print when needed.

Have them available in salon for clients to read or take when making enquire's, saves you explaining most of it BUT can promt a good coversation/client education topic without specifically bad mouthing compeditors.

Chin up:)

XX J XX

What I find very interesting is that after only 3 complaints, someone investigated the matter.

In the UK, they don't do anything about it !!

Marlise

3 People complaining in NZ is a lot! Hehe. :green:

The nail salon I 'observe' in one day a week constantly has people coming in from Professionail here which take well over an hour to soak off. Scary.

Hi there

Here's something thats available here for us to print out & pass onto clients.
Creatives New Edge: nail products, nail supplies, nail technician education, nail care, nail polish, manicure, acrylic nails, nail art, gel nails, nail course, nail professional supplies, nail technician course, beauty, design, kit Melbourne, Austral
Click on education in menu bar
Scroll down to MMA info click - save - print when needed.

Have them available in salon for clients to read or take when making enquire's, saves you explaining most of it BUT can promt a good coversation/client education topic without specifically bad mouthing compeditors.

Chin up:)

XX J XX
Thanks for that jnail, i have it saved now and some printed off for my clients to read and no doubt ask me 101 questions, that will be good though as it will give me the chance to educate a few if not all:hug:

To the original thread, you keep at it hun, if you pack up and move on people will wonder why and think that the competion must have been better than you and im sure thats not true :hug:

we have Professionail here in NZ with the Asian people. Out of curiosity I had a set of 'acrylics' put on before I started my course with Creative. They used electric files and the set was in within the hour. BUT, when it came time that I wanted them off and not a 'backfill', the filed them down a little, then got another false nail and pryed off the one on my nail with that! Yes, it did hurt! I came away with very thin and weak nails for a few months!! They are not getting a very good name around here. I wonder how much longer they'll be around for!
Hope you don't mind me popping in to get clarification on this please. Who are 'Professionail'?

The reason I ask is because I trained with Pronails UK who are the distributers for the Belgian based company 'Professionails'. Their gel is a buff off and it is a lovely, reputable gel. Is this another entirely different 'Professionail' you are referring to?

No, mrs.Clooney it´s not the same professionail. We have "you´re" professionail here to.
Welcome to ProfessioNAIL
This one I meen:eek:

thanks for that, interesting..they state they dont use mma anymore

yes i am a bit sus about it too. I have just finished a client with problems, drill holes in her nails, allergic reation, what a mess.

If you are concerned with all of it go here Nail Salon Association Acrylic Gel Sculptured Artificial Natural and Mobile Nails they are forming a network and marketing programme for all nz salons to educate the consumer and to promote nail techs around nz that are mma free. free page website with every registration and free stuff too.:hug: I hear on the grapevine there could be a nail expo next year???

On the positive if clients go and get a cheap set done at the bars and then we can promote ourselves we can pick up the backfills. I guess consumers are wanting to save money on the full sets, yet with good backfills the can go 2-3 weeks and pay from $35-45, yet my clients was going weekly and paying 18-25 + repairs to the bars. :irked:You do the math!! Regular MMA FREE salons are cheaper, healthier and kinder.:green:

http://www.professionail.com/http://www.professionail.com/

I would not be concerned about this new salon. In Australia there are quiet a few as well (all asian women working there), I am so sure they use MMA acrylics, as they ALL wear dust masks, they cant hold up a conversation with you, as their english is very poor, they do charge only $40 for a full set. I went there to try them out once. I asked for a safety data sheet on their powders, and they didnt know what I was talking about, when I asked why they wore masks, she spoke over the top of me in vietmanese, to another woman, and didnt hold up a conversation with me at all after that. I am sure I had the trainee working on me as she used the drill, and damaged my nail plate, they were very sore and took along time to grow out.
People will always want a cheap set of nails, but that all they will get. Keep your salon open, and stay positive.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back