New school year, new training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Well geeks it's that time of year again, the kids are back to school, seasons are changing ( although here in Northern Ireland we seem to have skipped Summer lol)

So, inspired by a thread started last year by hippy chick, what new training courses are you embarking on this year?
For me, I've just started a Fashion and photographic make up course with an amazing mua! Also I'm doing a couple of one to ones and a nail art course with a brilliant nail tech in the next couple of weeks.
I'm debating whether to do Level 4 sports massage, I've been accepted onto the course and it starts next week, but I'm in two minds...

So which courses are you all starting or hoping to do? x

Ohhh sounds exciting! Love learning new things.

Personally I have just decided to add professional face painting to my business. I have my training course in a couple of weeks. I can not wait! I can already face paint but can't professionally offer until I have done trainng course due to insurance demands. Hoping this will take me to a new level of ability too.

I'm also planning to train with airbase makeup in near future.

Good luck x

Yes airbase is definitely on my to do list!
I added facepainting to my menu last year and I've really enjoyed it, been busy with it too which is always nice :)
It's always good to learn new things and in our industry there's always something new to learn! x

Really wanted to start reflexology but can't afford it this year and would have to have too much time off with the wedding next June.

Am really wanting to retrain in eyelash extns as i've spent so much money on the products that I want to be able to offer it!

Love new school years, always inspire me, actually get jealous of college starters lol

Kim x

Reflexology is another course I'd like to do, along with aromatherapy, but logistically I just can't fit them in at the minute.

I get really inspired too, I love that excitement around starting a new school/college year and buying new stationery lol my little boy starts nursery next week and has a new uniform, but no need for pencil cases yet so I bought myself one lol! X

Ah yes the new stationary!

I did a make up course with my friend last year, we were walking around whsmiths like kids in candy shops!

Kim x

I used to hate the back to school feeling as a kid but when it comes to doing college courses, I love it :)

I used to hate the back to school feeling as a kid but when it comes to doing college courses, I love it :)

Have you anything planned for this year? x

Im going back to college to do my level 3 so I can offer massage etc, I'm also doing my shellac course & my CND conversion! I cannot wait! :) xx

Really want to do CND conversion x

I want I want I want to do -

Brown design, speed waxing & female intimate waxing, all with Kim lawless

***stamps feet*** ;)

This year, I am doing Environ stage 1 this month, HD brows and Lash Perfect lashes in October xx

lovely thread by the way.
just love adding to my quals (my husband hates it every year i say this is it only to come back last week of august with a big grin on my face and he knows by now tat means i enrolled onto another college course lol...

i'm going for my L2 beauty this year and hoping to add spray tan to it so i can be able to offer the whole shbam hair, beauty and holistics. i'd be a traveling spa by next year!!!:)

NEW TERM | NEW PENCIL CASE [its the law]

I'm enrolled on a Thai massage course in 10 days! but may have to forgo it as got a lot to plan for this month.

Yes airbase is definitely on my to do list!
I added facepainting to my menu last year and I've really enjoyed it, been busy with it too which is always nice :)
It's always good to learn new things and in our industry there's always something new to learn! x

It's good to hear that u have been busy with face painting. I really enjoy it too and have already found a venue that I can offer f/p & glitter tattoos from every weekend, fingers crossed it will be a good starting point :) it's always a gamble though whatever u do in life! There is such a broad choice off treatments and services u can train to do in this industry with new products and techniques come along all the time. I think it's great that there is always opportunities for self development.

I really want to do HD brows and eyelash extensions in the near future!

There is so much i want to do but need to save.

HD brows
Lash lift
Threading

Think they are my next ones x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I Start my level 3 massage diploma next week.
I would also love love love to do LVL lashes pennies permitting!
And anything else that tickles my fancy along the way
Love to learn :D

I have my Lash Perfect training on the 17th and really need to then sort out an eyebrow course, also by the end of the year I'd love to travel up and see Kim Lawless and do the waxing/intimate waxing - have been hitting the Ebay selling hard in order to raise pennies!!! xxx

I just booked my spray tan training for the 18th sept! Us lucky scots get the ILA voucher to spend and found a trainer that accepts it :D Think it is good timing and that I'll pick up lots of tan apts for christmas. I would like to do the Brisa conversion in this academic year too although I'm expecting baby to arrive in Jan so will have to see how it pans out!

Latest posts

Back