New scissors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOgower

Reaction score
Hey,
im just starting my nvq 2 level 2 in my apprenticeship and about to start cutting :)
however i am very unsure on what scissor to get, i have about 100 pound to spend and in need of a decent pair what will last whilst i am training,
any recomendations and brand names to look out for and what brands to stay away from ....
Thank you :) xxx

i like joewell and have used their classic range for years , however now due to finances my last pair were kobe oriental, again they are a classic shape but i love them!
Decide on which style of scissor you like/find comfortable, then how long you would like them to be and go from there.
AND DONT DROP THEM!

I would go for Joewell, my favs. Japanese scissors are the most hard wearing and stay sharp for years. :wink2:

i got a pair of joewell classic at the beginning of my level 2 and i love them..

Think we are all Joewell fans here! I used to use others but when i started at a 'top of the range' salon I had to buy Joewells as thats all they would allow us to use!

Lisa

Joewells all the way, used them for 7yrs now and only had them sharpened 3 times, they're fab!!!:)

I use Miraki, love them! Had them 5 years now and just coming up to needing to be sharpened.

Latest posts

Back