New skincare regime

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hello, i need some help from you experts. I have been using clinique for a few years now and have read some really bad things about it recently so want to change. a few months ago a tried clarins and my skin was awful, lots of spots! i do suffer from spots and have found that clinique (especially the harsh toner was the only thing to help control them). Am also on the pill and have one that is good for skin. This helps but id love soft glowing skin. Im 27 and sometimes my skin is so tight and dry but still oily its crazy. sometimes it feels rough and looks lined until i moisturise and then it looks smoother again. I also have tried a retin a gel, this helped lots too but as i say im worried im do more damage with the clinique.
I have been thinking about decleor/elemis/dermalogica. I also have had a microdermabraison course where they recommended skinceuticals as a range. Any thoughts on any of this would be great, im sorry for the long post but im frightened of making my spots worse :cry:

ps - if you think regular facials are a good move and could recommend one in the bolton area that would be good too!
thanks everyone

Hi Mary,

i would recommend that you go to a salon for a skin analysis as your skin needs to be diagnosed under a magnifying lamp. If the skin is tight and oily sounds like your skin is slightly dehydrated at the moment, spots can form when excess oil/toxins cannot escape through the dehydrated skin- (skin can become dehydrated over the winter due harsh weather/central heating etc). But would defo recommend a skin analysis as that is the only way to tell what is going on

hth:)

i would say the same sounds like your skin is dehydrated. central heating and harsh winters do not help.
Drink plenty of water and you a good hydrating moisturiser and serum so you are working on the inside and outside.
I use Decleor and i cannot fault them they are lovely products.
Micro-dermabrasion is good to help remove dead skin have you ever thought about a gycolic peel aswell?? they go deep into the skin and the brand i use, we apply a hydrating mask on afterwards, i suffer from dehydrated skin (fault of my own not enough water) but after i do a peel on myself my skin feels and looks lovely.

but speak to you therapist she will analyise your skin and tell you what she advises.

Latest posts

Back