New starter pls xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondpuppy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Thinking of opening a beauty salon but do not know where to start.I already have premises but have not yet decided where to buy beauty machines and products, which name is more relaible and what brand to use as a main product. Also which companies give best incentive at start up and where I might obtain financial assistance. I understand that everyone has their own preferences but would like to hear general recommendations.Thank you

Hi everyone!

Thinking of opening a beauty salon but do not know where to start.I already have premises but have not yet decided where to buy beauty machines and products, which name is more relaible and what brand to use as a main product. Also which companies give best incentive at start up and where I might obtain financial assistance. I understand that everyone has their own preferences but would like to hear general recommendations.Thank you
Beauty equipment is probably a more apt word.What products are you using at present?The equipment would depend on what you will be offering?I.e non surgical facials,spray tan equipment,pedi foot spa etc.

will you be doing nails also?Sorry for all the questions but need to know in order to help you.

Hi! It's ok asking questions.We are planning to do in the salon only facial treatments and spray tan,no manicure and pedicure,plus other basic treatments.Looking something unusual,may be laser etc.Idea to create not expensive treatment but slightly more than basic treatments.Costs money but I think it's worth it. I like Guinot but not like the creams,Matis is not bad.

Sienna X spray tan is really good
Skincare: I like Patricia Milton Cosmetics and Dermalogica (although Dermalogica is expensive to start off with)
Make up: Again Patricia Milton is lovely, i always get very good feedback from clients and retail a lot.

xx

There's a beauty show coming up in March if you can wait that long then you can go and look at all the machines then, that might be better as you can ask any questions you may have directly to the companies.

Yes I too was about to recommend the beauty shows,you can see for yourself what is available,talk about set up costs and try samples.Also get lots of fab bargains.Good luck:hug:

On the funding side of things have a look at business link Maybe even phone them for a meeting to find out specifically what funding is available to you.

They also offer free courses and seminars to help start up businesses.

Hope this helps :)

On the beauty exhibition side, I went to one last year and it was great to be able to see the different products and equipment, ask questions and see them in use. Plus you get a lot of really good deals on the day if you buy anything.

K xxx

Thanks...Spoken to Guinot today and Matis do not know which one I would prefer.Guinot is amazing but Matis is attractive with prices...Guinot products afraid will be not easy to sell as they are expensive,Matis I have tried once but cant tell anything about the products:confused:

Latest posts

Back