New to beauty and struggling to gain interest!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ems123

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to beauty! I’ve gained a fair few qualifications and I have been trying to build an Instagram! I just cannot get much interest by advertising for appointments.
How can I stand out?! There are lots of really good beauticians and nail techs about!
What worked for you?
I want to be mainly home based with some mobile appts too xx

Hey girl !

Have you tried Facebook? I set up a page roughly 2 months ago and I've got so much interest!
I've also been promoting on marketplace on Facebook as that's quite popular in my area as well as different selling pages on Facebook x

What’s your USP? Everyone is currently going somewhere so why should they change and come to you?

Hey girl !

Have you tried Facebook? I set up a page roughly 2 months ago and I've got so much interest!
I've also been promoting on marketplace on Facebook as that's quite popular in my area as well as different selling pages on Facebook x

Hi

I have recently started a beauty business from home and also have tried advertising on Facebook marketplace but for some reason my ads always say it goes against commerce policies? What category etc have you been posting ads under? I always try healthy and beauty but no matter what my ad is it won’t allow it.

Thanks

Hi

I have recently started a beauty business from home and also have tried advertising on Facebook marketplace but for some reason my ads always say it goes against commerce policies? What category etc have you been posting ads under? I always try healthy and beauty but no matter what my ad is it won’t allow it.

Thanks
It could be because you’re a business and they want you to pay for ads and not advertise for free in the marketplace.

I wouldn’t rely on Facebook anyway as it tends to be low quality clients.

Hi

Thanks

Oh yes I know.. it has recently started doing that for me as well. I had a read, and I think the thing that I was doing wrong was posting before/after pictures as once reading over the policies, that is something they are not allowing.
If you Google the issue... you'll find a lot of people are having issues, even trying to post a single item :( it was quite good for me to start with and LOADS of people got back to me, I have found that a lot less people are finding out about my business due to not being able to post on Marketpace..
I have been trying various ways of posting and from time to time it lets me keep an odd one on x

delete

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks
Facebook market place has changed their policies, you can now only post items for sale. They stated in the future they may offer that service up again in the future, but for now Facebook say to use your business page.

I sell my salon items on the market place, however promote my services via paid social media ads. As well as other traditional methods.

I use Google ad words I get a lot of my business this way. I tried facebook ads etc but found that you're paying for nothing. Didn't work for me. And market place is rubbish for businesses and promoting.

Kerrie

I'm also new to beauty, I created a page on fbk & Instagram it's going well.
Also tell a few fibs, make out that your busier than you are plus I use these guideline for fbk & Instagram.

(The highest average click-through rate (CTR) (meaning the number of people who will click on the links on your posts or ads on Facebook) occurs between 1 pm and 4 pm, peaking on Wednesdays at 3 pm. The worst time for posting appears to be weekends, both before 8 am and after 8 pm.17 Mar 2018)

Good luck

I use Google ad words I get a lot of my business this way. I tried facebook ads etc but found that you're paying for nothing. Didn't work for me. And market place is rubbish for businesses and promoting.

Kerrie

delete

Last edited:
I'm also new to beauty, I created a page on fbk & Instagram it's going well.
Also tell a few fibs, make out that your busier than you are plus I use these guideline for fbk & Instagram.

(The highest average click-through rate (CTR) (meaning the number of people who will click on the links on your posts or ads on Facebook) occurs between 1 pm and 4 pm, peaking on Wednesdays at 3 pm. The worst time for posting appears to be weekends, both before 8 am and after 8 pm.17 Mar 2018)

Good luck

delete

Last edited:
Hi Kerrie,

Just curious how the traffic volume was for you with Google AdWords? The market I'm in has a population of 40,000, so search volume for waxing services was very low (10 per month; figure only a percentage will click on the ad, and an even smaller percentage will book an appointment), which is why we decided to experiment with Facebook Ads.

Just curious of your experience, as it might be something we'll experiment with in the future if we need to.
Hi Brian

I think it definitely depends on what you are marketing. I am a body piercer and microblading artist but also do other beauty treatments, so when I get people to book in I usually also get them booking in for other treatments too such as nails or lashes. It is possible that it may be harder for you if you only offer one service where there is a lot of competition. Give it a go, I've not looked back. I do also have a Google website so when people are searching for say "body piercing near me" then I will show in the top 3, I pay just £10 a year for my domain.

Good luck

Nowadays people need to engage with a brand up to 10 times, so you can't really rely on just one or two types of marketing. Personal referrals will always carry weight so really focus on reviews. Don't discount other types of marketing as ways to create more brand exposure.

If you want to be home based, why not try marketing locally with flyers through letterboxes and treatment menu leaflets in local businesses? Try a "£5 off your first treatment with this flyer" and direct to your Facebook page/Instagram so they can see photos of your set up.

I'm helping my daughter open her home based nail, brow and lash bar and we're going to try this, plus networking at the local fitness/weight watcher/kids ballet sessions in the village hall. We've already got the local estate agent asking us "when are you going to open because people are interested"

We're also going to have a Macmillian Coffee Morning. It's a very old fashioned approach, but for home based work, it's the personal touch that can make a difference.

Latest posts

Back