New to beauty therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trobson

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have just started NVQ level 2 in beauty therapy and just been given my first assignment - G1 Health and Safety. Any tips on what websites to look at please :confused:

Hi hun, i would recommend investing in a good beauty text book such as lorraine nordman etc, (if you havent already got one) depends what you are after concerning H&S, are you stuck on a question?

xxxxx

Hi I covered Health & Safety when I did the NVQ2 Nail Services.
I found the internet a useful tool and this website.

If you do searches on here you will pretty much find the answer from a previous thread.

HTH.

Hi there,

Do you not have books for your course - I am on HND Beauty Therapy and an absolutely brilliant book we are using this year is 'Beauty Therapy Fact File' by Susan Cressey (can find it on amazon. It covers absolutely everything - Chapter 4 covers Health & Safety, you may be able to hire them out at your college library which is what some of the girls on my course are doing.

most of it should have been covered in class or in your books, do some searches on google for info too.
good luck with your course xx

NVQ level 2 beauty therapy by Jane Hiscock and Francis Lovett.

Fantastic book,lots of health and safety on pages 34 an onwards.

Any good bookstore sell these books.Would imagine your college will recommend what books to buy for this course.HTH

They haven't ordered any books yet they are waiting for the whole class. i have now been on the internet for 6 hours. Thanks for the advice about the book I will have a look on amazon

Give me a shout if you need answers to any spcific questions - no probs to look it up for you.

We have to find 29 legislations on health and safety laws for beauty therapy and link them with each other and how we would incorporate them in the salon environment. We have only being doing the course for 2 weeks!

We have to find 29 legislations on health and safety laws for beauty therapy and link them with each other and how we would incorporate them in the salon environment. We have only being doing the course for 2 weeks!
Have a look in the local library while your waiting for your books.Loads of info there.That's what I did at first.HTH

Latest posts

Back