New to hair extensions, how much to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi_wales

Reaction score
Right girls hope you can all pass down some experience to a newbie.

I suffer terrible with Dermatitis.
to save my job and career if paid (out of my own pocket) to do a hair extension course, three method hot fusion, micro rings and shrinkies.

planning on doing a bit mobile but wanting to get the pricing right according to experience. ive set a trade account with foxy hair so pricing is reasonable

was going to charge £100 for a few clients to just get a portfolio and practice then charge about £190 just to get into the swing of things.

how long should i stay lower priced, i dont want to charge 300 and not be up to scratch yet i dont want to under sell myself.

any tips girls? x:Love:

How weird! i'm trained in the exact same methods - the lady who taught me told me to never take less then £120 profit, (so around £220 for full head ect)
I was just wondering where are you going to buy your shrink tubes from? as im confused where to buy them! x

No offence but seems like your training wasn't thorough enough as these things like pricing and souring of materials should be covered in your course.

I think it's a good idea only taking a tiny profit in the beginning (like £10 per hour) in order to build portfolio and in order to build confidence. Do this on family and friends first. Then you have to think what your time is worth really to cover training, experience and demand. Also worth looking what others are doing it for in the area but don't under sell yourself!

I'm just starting myself and offering fitting for 50 pound and I'm not getting much interest ...people only seem to want to pay for the hair and some still think that's roo much....I'm sticking too my guns though for a while x

No offence but seems like your training wasn't thorough enough as these things like pricing and souring of materials should be covered in your course.

I think it's a good idea only taking a tiny profit in the beginning (like £10 per hour) in order to build portfolio and in order to build confidence. Do this on family and friends first. Then you have to think what your time is worth really to cover training, experience and demand. Also worth looking what others are doing it for in the area but don't under sell yourself!

Abi & Lauren did their training with us - I promise you all of this is covered!

And they know that they can contact us whenever they like for any other guidance or advice

In summary they are advised to at least cover the cost of the hair and their travel. So if using the likes of lush, foxy, hair planet a price point of say £99 when they advertise for models.

With regards when to start charging more, the guidance we give is that many girls find that after around 6-10 installs they should feel confident and will have the beginnings of a nice before and after portfolio - but that they are the best judge.

And this is not aimed in anyway at anyone in particular, but it is sometimes incrediblethe questions that we get asked after courses which shows that concentration during a course has not been what it might have been.

One of the reasons that we have an open book written assessment as part of the course is to ensure that the attendees actually read the training manual they go away with.

We freely give information about a whole range of suppliers, and as we do not retail hair ourselves this includes other training companies that do

I'd say when your new and building confidence..... charge £10 per hour for fitting And this way your not working for free and still making a small profit. then decide if your sticking to the reasonable priced brands of hair and just increase your per hour rate to eventually get almost double the hair cost.

that's my theory..... it's where I struggled for a long time as it depends on your area...... my area girls must use hair from well known auction sites as their prices are so low. but if you stick to good mid range suppliers their is nothing wring with making a good profit to reward your experience! and every now and again during a quiet patch just put a special offer on and make a small profit rather than a big one

I know it was in the course information but I just wanted some advice and hoped there would be some regional advice because I'm finding girls doing fittings for as little as 175 and just don't understand how they are justifying it!

Latest posts

Back