New to mobile waxing - equipment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joz

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the world of waxing.

Would like to know what equipment I need to buy.
I'm only doing mobile. I'm buying an aluminium 3 fold massage table (17kg).
I'll need a table to put my wax and strips etc. what do you suggest I use? I don't want to have to do 5 journeys to the car to be able to set up at someone's house. Plus I think it's nice to be able to put something on their floor. What do you recommend?

To keep the wax warm during car journeys I've got a spare car battery with a plug so I'll be able to keep it plugged in whilst driving. Are there any special travel boxes to avoid spills.

Sorry for so many questions!
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I'm new to the world of waxing.

Would like to know what equipment I need to buy.
I'm only doing mobile. I'm buying an aluminium 3 fold massage table (17kg).
I'll need a table to put my wax and strips etc. what do you suggest I use? I don't want to have to do 5 journeys to the car to be able to set up at someone's house. Plus I think it's nice to be able to put something on their floor. What do you recommend?

To keep the wax warm during car journeys I've got a spare car battery with a plug so I'll be able to keep it plugged in whilst driving. Are there any special travel boxes to avoid spills.

Sorry for so many questions!
Thanks in advance

Hi, it sux that you didnt get any reply's on this thread. I am interested to know how you are going and what you have figured out so far as im am now in your position. Id really like to know about a table and what you desided about that. I just posted a reply to a thread started today called "mobile waxing" , if you want to follow that then hopefully we can all get some answers.

I used to take a floor cover - you definitely don't want to get wax on their carpet! I used to fold this up into a plastic crate with lid which I could fit my wax heater, strips, bottles etc. You will need an extension cable too. I had a fold up table from Argos to put the heater on. It's wooden and light and you can carry it over your shoulder. HTH.

I found it really tricky to avoid wax spilling out whilst still warm from waxing when traveling from place to place, especially when you've just refilled your wax! I found on here a lot of geeks use cling film for this on their heaters to stop it from spilling :)

I am currently mobile and I do lash and brow extensions as well as hair removal. I use a double wax pot with Cirepil hard and soft wax. I have a fold up cart with 360 degree wheels that I love and a suitcase with the same wheels to carry everything. The wax pot I carry separate though because it's always warm. My bed is a 4" Reiko massage table that's heavy but since lash extensions take two hours for a full set I want my clients comfy. Sheets for the bed and I also have that paper that rolls out...most times I just bring and use towels instead on top of the sheets because the roll paper is not very user friendly. I do need to get something for their floor though...powder everywhere. The cart though I found on Amazon and it just folds up nice and meat and I roll it out that way. I had this posted on another thread as well...hope it helps. I've always done mobile...my clients prefer it.

image.png

Latest posts

Back