New to spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie B

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I wonder if you could give me some advise...

I've done a spray tan course at my local college and I'm looking to do Mobile Spray tanning, but I don't know where to start, what do I need to do????

As well I'm not sure about what products to use, I am stuck between Xen-tan and A-tan, but which would you say is the best product to use???? What do you use????

Please Help!!!

Thank You
Katie xxxx

I use fake bake in my salon and my clients love it. It looks so natural. When a new client tries it for the first time they're hooked. It looks like a just come back from holiday tan. I have tried a few other brands in the past but find this brand to be the best. I always fake bake myself so my clients can see what it looks like. It comes in two colours for the spray tan machine and I also do well selling the retail side of it too. Fake bake do a mobile kit aswell. Hope this helps

Hi,
you need to get yourself a spray tan machine, pop up tanning tent and a selection of solutions, go around the companies and get samples to find which works best for you. You will aslo need all your disposables like hair net and couch roll etc. And barrier cream etc

The most important thing is insurance so check out some companies to find one which suits you best.

Well there is a bit to get you started but do a search on here and you can find out about the machines and solutions everyone uses just remebered you won't find a definitive answer as everyone has different preferences!

I personally use sienna x and suntana

Hope this helps
Fran

Ok Thank You so much...

How much will the insurance be, and what kind ????

i was thinking of using the sienna x as well but i will get samples of the different ones... brilliant thank you....

Is there anything else i need to know?????

Katie xxxx

I don't know how much it would be for just tanning because mine is combined with nails too plus I don't know if we can say on here.

Mine is with the Beauty Guild. Do a google search or one on here to find some more companies.

I can't think of anything else now but if I have forgotten something I'm sure someone else will say :)

Fran :)

Hi Katie,

I have just finished a course with Xen-Tan and i love it!! I bought my kit from the Carlton institute as they ha it on offer at the mo. It has everything you need to get started, but again you will need to buy couch roll, Sticky feet and other bits and bobs, I got mine from Ellisons who are priced quite well.

Hope this helps and good luck!
:)

hia when i first was looking into tanning i found someone on ebay in tanning solutions selling an ebook cost about £4 had loads of extra info that my training didnt give me about getting samples and equipment and loads more well worth the money x

Well I have used Sienna X and to be honest I think the gun is rubbish.. I wish I never bought it.. plus in my area they train so many new people how to tan we are now over loaded with spray tanning techs.:cry:

I wish I never bought the spray gun its really rubbish solution goes everywhere and the pop up tent is cheap... Never again!

I don't know how much it would be for just tanning because mine is combined with nails too plus I don't know if we can say on here.

Mine is with the Beauty Guild. Do a google search or one on here to find some more companies.

I can't think of anything else now but if I have forgotten something I'm sure someone else will say :)

Fran :)

At the moment, I also use suntana, they do a great deal on the machine, tent and solution too and do fab flyers to advertise ur business as well as loads of other extras. The colour of the tan is amazing, I had one today. And its the best I've tried so far. Personally I found sienna x quite orangey but each to their own! I'm also in the process of tryin out all the wow factor solutions like tantrick and the organics range and I also really like nouvatan!! They are very popular on this site and are highly thought of ! I am yet to see results of wow factor solutions but I had a nouvatan and it was absolutely horgeous too!! At the month I'm torn loool xxx an of course yes insurance is the most imortant! U may also need sum couch roll! HTh ! Feel free to pm me should u need any further advice xx

Masks as well for you and your client as the tan gets everywhere if there is no extraction!

I use Fake bake and in my opinion the best tan out there, all my clients LOVE it :)

i did my training through sallys on the tan tuth course however i never use tan truth its over priced and looks horrible,when i did the course i went to sallys and bought the tan truth tanning sytem for 250,i got it home and sprayed my friend and the tan was everywhere all over,the room was misty and my friend looked like she had been rolling around in mud lo lwhen i bought it i asked if i needed a fan and they said no,however i did. even with a fan the machine used far too much solution. i got rid of the machine and bought one off ebay its a blk egg shape and it was the best £100 ive ever spent,it uses very little solution has 3 speed sytems and a heat button to dry the clientthe tan truth machine had non of that.,i would advise u dont spend on a machine like i did to find they use loads of solution and turn ur client orange. everyone loves fake bake however i use 'spraytan zu' the company have a shop on ebay and its only £35 a litre,u can also call the company direct and they deliver very quick x it coms n 8% 1o% 12% its really good x

i got rid of the machine and bought one off ebay its a blk egg shape and it was the best £100 ive ever spent,it uses very little solution has 3 speed sytems and a heat button to dry the clientthe tan truth machine had non of that.,

You shouldnt be spraying your client with so much solution that you have to dry them off with a heat button. I use tantrick and have never had to blow or dry people off even more so now I have the Organic solutions

Latest posts

Back