New to the job please help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varley1

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to the industry and just setting up! This is prob a question that has been asked a lot but which gel is best cnd gelish flexygel I don't want to spend a fortune and not have a good product??

Also ive been doing clear tips and blending and it's taking far to long (2hrs) how do I get my time down?? And how long should it take for shellac??

Thanks you very much for any help

Sam xxx

Hello

I'm new to the industry and just setting up! This is prob a question that has been asked a lot but which gel is best cnd gelish flexygel I don't want to spend a fortune and not have a good product??

Also ive been doing clear tips and blending and it's taking far to long (2hrs) how do I get my time down?? And how long should it take for shellac??

Thanks you very much for any help

Sam xxx

Is it actually a Gel system you are after or is it a Gel polish/hybrid like Gelish or Shellac you are after?

Gel systems have builder gels and are used to do overlays on natural nails and also to do nail extentions either sculpting or with tips.

Gelish, Shellac, (and all the other brands :rolleyes:) are gel polish hybrids and are for use on natural nails, applied like a polish but cures under a UV or LED lamp.

So which are you after lol??

Hope this helps.

Sorry it's the gel polish I'm looking to use and not sure which is the best brand to go with? thank you for your help xx

Sorry it's the gel polish I'm looking to use and not sure which is the best brand to go with? thank you for your help xx

No problem, there is loads of information on most of the brands in the Groups section on the site, e.g. Gelish Lovers group and Shellac Lovers Group well worth having a read on there about them all.

Also what do you think your clients would want, will they want a large selection of colours, some glitter colours and shimmers, also what equipment do you already have as any 36 watt UV lamp will cure Gelish, (although the new LED lamp is a faster cure), and CND Shellac requires the CND lamp.
As I said there is loads of info on here and loads of threads already posted so make use of the search facility and I am sure you will work out what is the best system for you and your clients.

Latest posts

Back