New to Waxing advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
I am new to Skin Geek :)
I am going to do a Waxing Course next week and am wondering it this type of table would be good to have in my salon??:confused:
Wax table.jpg

The couch looks great but I was wondering if, after waxing, you are going to introduce other treatments. For instance, options such as the face cradle aren't really necessary for waxing but if you are thinking of adding massage at a later date then it would be useful.
Waxing alone only requires a fairly basic couch, although, without wishing to contradict myself, I love having an electric couch for waxing, so I can lower it down for the client to hop on then I can raise it up high to wax them which really really does help to save my back. Hth's

The couch looks great but I was wondering if, after waxing, you are going to introduce other treatments. For instance, options such as the face cradle aren't really necessary for waxing but if you are thinking of adding massage at a later date then it would be useful.
Waxing alone only requires a fairly basic couch, although, without wishing to contradict myself, I love having an electric couch for waxing, so I can lower it down for the client to hop on then I can raise it up high to wax them which really really does help to save my back. Hth's

I quite agree with this. A basic portable couch is fine if you're only going to be waxing occasionally. You will need one where the back raises up though as sometimes the client is more comfortable sitting up.

I use one similar to this... the only differnce with mine is that it doesn't raise up. I find absolutely no need to have the client sitting up at all when waxing. All my clients are flat on their backs... this is the easiest position. I do give a pillow for the head and will add extra if needed. I see no problem why this table will not be perfectly suitable for waxing.

I use one similar to this... the only differnce with mine is that it doesn't raise up. I find absolutely no need to have the client sitting up at all when waxing. All my clients are flat on their backs... this is the easiest position. I do give a pillow for the head and will add extra if needed. I see no problem why this table will not be perfectly suitable for waxing.

I agree, I use one simialr to this and it is fine. I would start with a couch like this and see how your business does, you could always invest in a more expensive one later. I too add a pillow and even a duvet to lie on(which I then cover with a waxing sheet) to make the client comfortable. Hth x

Hive of Beauty does a basic couch for about £99 plus VAT. The couch in the photo is more suited to massage treatments.

Thanks for all the replies girls:hug:
I am hoping to add extra treatments like Eyelash and Eyebrow tinting and facials eventually.
I managed to get this Table at a brilliant price so roll on next week for my course loads of my mates and family have started to leave thier hair to grow for me to practise on:lol:

Latest posts

Back