New website thoughts please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanityVictoria

Reaction score
So my partner is building me a new website because he say mine is not Impressive and needs to be better. Can anyone give me their thoughts in this what he's done so far. http://puu.sh/6wz3Z.jpg
Any thoughts would be great.

I know it's obviously only very partly done because only half the web page is shown.

I personally think it needs a lot of work and isn't necessarily going in the right direction. Just personal preference :)

Clear and simple looks professional so its on the right track kind of but as above I think it needs a lot of work.

The wording (apologies if he is just copying your old page) but never the less sounds amateurish and doesn't fit well. There's a couple grammar mistakes and spelling but I'm guessing proof reading hasn't been done yet?

Be very critical of your pictures and only display ones that show the best of your work to a standard you are happy with.

Also no age limit? Technically at 29 could book princess to queen and pay 12 pounds for my nails, some make up and hair done? I'd put an age limit. 17.

But overall I can see what he's trying to achieve and looks good. Do you have a link to your site and maybe we could give pointers on what bits need uplifting and kept?

I'm sorry to have to agree with the others here. I don't want to offend you as I can see the effort going in to it... However...

The correct wording, pictures and grammar is paramount on any promotional/selling tool. For example, I personally wouldn't of had "princess" 4 times in the same sentence. Just to name one...

I know it's not finished yet, but as it stands now, I wouldn't feel drawn to make contact.

There is a thread on here somewhere full if Geeks websites, take a look and get some ideas on how theirs look and sound :)

You'll get there :) X

I agree with Nicshairstudio, the template is clear and professional. I like the way all the colours tie in.

To take this to the next level, I would focus on the language and the photographs.

If budget is an issue, why not see if there is a local photographer who would take some photographs in exchange for publicity and a link on your website (it will also help SEO).

In terms of the copy, if you haven't got someone to help you with this, I would pay for a copywriter to review it. It will really make a big difference to the feel and quality of the site.
Have a look (or advertise) on www.peopleperhour.com You should be able to get someone to write it for you for about £30.

Good luck :)

There are no contact details.

If you don't have the time to do the website your self, I'm sure Banner Penguin is now doing website's :) x

Leely x

I really like that. How much am I looking at for one of those? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That is lovely BP. - simple, to the point and stylish

Thanks. We are trying to offer websites that are better than the free ones yet affordable. Also with different degrees on how complex people would like.

Kind of something for everyone is our idea :)

Thanks. We are trying to offer websites that are better than the free ones yet affordable. Also with different degrees on how complex people would like.

Kind of something for everyone is our idea :)

I might just have to drop you an email myself BP ;-) lol

Thank you for the comments :). I agree needs a lot of work. He's just trying to do a sample page for me. He doesn't know anything about beauty and only listen when I talk about the special effects make up I do. So all the wording I'm doing myself to make sure it's right. He's just trying to feel useful and help out.

Thank again geeks x

Hiya- I know this is just a "test" page...but as far as I can see, it's just a flat jpeg image? It's just a picture of a website. Not a website.

You're not intending to do every page like that are you? if so, search engines won't ever be able to read your text.

Hi, it's just a look of what pages and general website will look like. General graphics of it. He's a coder, web designer. A computer scientists degree and all that. So I have no clue about it all. I'll just stick to what I know best beauty and hair lol. I'll be just wording it, prices list and adding photos of work I've done over the years. So he just put a quick sample page together for me the other day.

Just hope for feedback on general look. I know navigation, other pages and general wording isn't there. But just wanted to know fellow geeks views on the look.

I know images and text aren't finished but as for general look I'm not keen. It looks a bit amateur, the company name looks like usual Word font? Although I like the little bird graphic. The colour scheme is ok though, the cream and grey x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is why I asked. I need peoples feedback a on the look of what it could look like.
I wanted something that simple but still look nice.
Everyone's feedback helps because then I can look at everyone's points/comments and work on them to make it look good.
Soon as he's done some more I'll post it back on and get more feedback on it.

Banner penguin that looks great. I've done my own free one but am wondering whether to get a pro one done. Could u have a look at mine? Thanks. Gelishbyjo.wix.com/pearls

Banner penguin that looks great. I've done my own free one but am wondering whether to get a pro one done. Could u have a look at mine? Thanks. Gelishbyjo.wix.com/pearls

I would say you have high end treatments and should have a high end website to match. You then have a better chance of converting visitors into clients.

Also from a personal point of view any website that doesn't have there own domain and have the wix adverts all over the place is a total turn off. I'd never buy or book anywhere that has a free site. That might just be me though lol.

If anyone wants advice or what not please feel free to email or pm me as don't want to side track the OP's thread :)

Latest posts

Back