New Website...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam Nails

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just finished designing my free website> Can you take a look and tell me what you think?

XXX

Glam Nailz - Home

I really am not one to say this if i dont think it but I love it!
Well done to you hun, I can see you have put a lot of hard work and effort into it.
I dont know if this is something you are still working on, but your 'about us' page is empty xxx

Yep for a DIY site it's spot on, it's got everything you need. Small things like buying your own domain name and pointing it at your site will help people find your site easier and looks better when advertising and on stationery.

it just goes to show you need not spend hundereds of £££'s on a designer site!

Nice one!

Although the title for your site (Glam Nailz - Home based Nail Salon - Windhoek) is displaying fine on Internet Explorer, the text for "Home based Nail Salon - Windhoek" is too high up the page on Google Chrome and Firefox, and is superimposed on the bottom of "Glam Nailz" - so you'd be best to test the site on Google Chrome and Firefox too and fix that issue, as a lot of people are using those browsers instead of Internet Explorer now.

It would probably also look better if you found an alternative background that "tiles" better, or maybe doctor the one you've got in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro so that it does?

As already mentioned, I would test in other browsers.

The advertising a the top is unprofessional and off putting.

Id put more of a focus on your content and message than the graphics.

Its a great website to get you started.
I think you should add pictures of your work and remove - I am cheaper than anyone else - 1) why are you? 2) let your price list reflect that
Put instead competitive pricing m- You wont find these prices anywhere else! or something like that- dont come across as cheap as that usually means not as good.
Also state your opening times - salon hours 17:00 -21:00 mon-fri, 09:00-18:00 saturday & sunday.

Put your qualifications up there - who did you do it with, what products do you use? I only use the best products from America etc

Use you about us page for some of this information
my name is judith - i have been a nail tech since __, I use __ products etc.

keep your home page for your opening hours, special offers and loyalty scheme.

Its all there just move some of it around. Good Luck

Thanx for all your advice everyone.

Redadmiral, thanx for your indepth advice, will definitely make use of it! :) XXX

Well done, it looks lovely :)

Latest posts

Back