New with fibreglass, please advise me :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cro-mari

Reaction score
hello everyone, i'm new here...

I've been doing UV gel nails in my salon for some time and want to introduce something new. So I thought of fibreglass, since no one does that around here (only for repairing natural nails) so that would really be something new. I've never done fibreglass, but considering buying a IBD/EZ Flow, because they are darn cheap here in Croatia, and all I ever read from you here were good things about those two.
Please tell me (and sorry if some questions are dumb...):
1. Is it true that fibreglass nails (talking about fiberglass over tips) are much stronger and more durable than gel nails? (someone told me up to 40 %...)
2. When I wanted to buy those things, the girl in IBD said - sorry, we're out of activator, so you'll have to wait till our next order comes... and I said OK. But can I buy that activator from some other company? Will it work the same? Or should I wait? (btw, here in Croatia I can buy IBD, EZ flow, Pronails, La Famme, Feminails, American nails, LCN, so any advice about quality is wellcome)
3. Is it true that for doing a french smile on fibreglass only acrylic can be used? I never did acrylic, so I would like to know which courses to take...
4. What is it I really need to buy? I'm not cheap, but when I was new and buying things for UV gel some people sold me stuff I don't really use because they saw that I don't know much...

5. And thank you all so much :hug:

hello everyone, i'm new here...

I've been doing UV gel nails in my salon for some time and want to introduce something new. So I thought of fibreglass, since no one does that around here (only for repairing natural nails) so that would really be something new. I've never done fibreglass, but considering buying a IBD/EZ Flow, because they are darn cheap here in Croatia, and all I ever read from you here were good things about those two.
Please tell me (and sorry if some questions are dumb...):
1. Is it true that fibreglass nails (talking about fiberglass over tips) are much stronger and more durable than gel nails? (someone told me up to 40 %...)
2. When I wanted to buy those things, the girl in IBD said - sorry, we're out of activator, so you'll have to wait till our next order comes... and I said OK. But can I buy that activator from some other company? Will it work the same? Or should I wait? (btw, here in Croatia I can buy IBD, EZ flow, Pronails, La Famme, Feminails, American nails, LCN, so any advice about quality is wellcome)
3. Is it true that for doing a french smile on fibreglass only acrylic can be used? I never did acrylic, so I would like to know which courses to take...
4. What is it I really need to buy? I'm not cheap, but when I was new and buying things for UV gel some people sold me stuff I don't really use because they saw that I don't know much...

5. And thank you all so much :hug:

I have always been taught that all 3 systems ,gel,l&p and fibreglass ,are all as strong as eachother providing you are applying the product correctly and forming the right structure.

Gigi Rouse wrote an article about SYSTEM COMPARISON which can be found if you go to the navigation menu at the top of the page and click on articles ,then on training ,scroll down and go to page 2 and the article will be there.( sorry mods, i do not know how to add a link ! )

I think you will find this article very helpful when considering adding another system at your salon.

With regards to using a different brands activator, i would stick to one brand for that system ,its best not to mix brands.

I have always used white tips or natural tips with fibreglass so i am not completly sure about your 3rd question....hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

What you need to buy will depend on what brand you decide to use, i use Ezflow s fibreglass range and as i already had tips, pro pusher etc...all i needed was fibreglass, brush on resin, building resin, spray activator and brush on activator .You can buy a starter kit from Ezflow also.

I would highly recommend doing a progression course with whichever brand it is you decide to go with so you can get the best from your new system.

Hope ive helped you.

Hazel

thank you :)
i will look for that article... and sorry for asking things that may be already covered, but i'm new here and just got so lost reading and reading and learning... :)

Latest posts

Back