New Year Resolutions 2010 vs 2011

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanosnana

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi, I was just thinking about this thread the other day: http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/104344-way-off-topic-new-years-resolutions.html

How many of you kept your new year's resolution? If so, how did you do? Will you be making any resolutions for the new New Year?

I am ending the year 28 lbs. LIGHTER (it's a MIRACLE) than I started it! Thank GOD! It took me til August to get on track, tho. Right now, I'm just trying to maintain the weight loss til Jan 1, then back to losing. I'd like to lose about 25 or so, more.

Another resolution I'm making is to do 30 mins. of housework a day. That way, I won't have a pig sty to deal with at the end of every week.

So, how 'bout you? What would you like to accomplish in 2011?

Best wishes to all. :hug:

Well these are my ones from last year:

1) Pay off that damn credit card once and for all
2) Keep plugging at my therapies in my spare time
3) Keep looking for new full time work
4) Stick at a dance class
5) Stick at the learning Spanish
6) Spend more time with people who make me happy and less with people who don't :)

I didn't manage 1), oops! Need to keep chipping away at that one.
2) is going really well, I've been renting a room since January and have now added Hot Stone and Reflexology and also got my A&P Diploma. I also got a new full time job working for a charity, which I love! 4) Went by the wayside by I'm doing Zumba now too and I even finished my course for 5). I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote 6), or even who I was referring to - I definitely only see people who make me happy!

So for 2011 .. those silly debts come up again .. and working on my massage business. And taking time out to spend with my OH as I do tend to neglect him on occasion!

deanosnana - I do like that housework idea. I'll add that to my list too!

I kept mine!!!

In January it will be a year since I quit smoking :green::green::green:

woop woop!

I kept mine!!!

In January it will be a year since I quit smoking :green::green::green:

woop woop!

CONGRATS...that's a HUGE accomplishment! Way to go! :)

Thanks for the reminder, Miss Sparkle. I'm learning Italian (I should say RE-learning) and will actually take a class this summer. :)

Buon Natale! :)

Well done PinkBlonde! My OH did that a few years ago (he was a nightmare!) so I know what a struggle it is :)

Mine were:

1) Organise myself- paperwork, bills, time, money. This leads to my number 2....

Erm, well some of my bills are direct debit now so i'm kinda ok on this, i'm catching up with bills that went unpaid for last year and stuff so i think i get about 50% effort on this- i still hoard paperwork 'just in case' then lose things in the bags of paper...

2) Save save save! My wedding will not pay for itself!

Well we have saved a little but OH has a habit of 'borrowing' from our savings so we've not done very well here... but we did postpone to give us longer so its not too bad!

3) Get out of my day job and into my new vocation!!

Yes i got out of the day job! I am having a baby so business has almost been put on hold for a little while, just plodding along so again I'm only really 50% of the way there!

My new ones will be:

1) Save save save! (again!)

2) Organise my business, set regular working hours, keep up to date with accounts and business related paperwork- separate from my home paperwork.

3) Advertise myself fully and get at least 75% of my set working hours booked up regularly

4) Do more exercise! An advance on my current amount of nothing shouldnt be too difficult really!

Just clicked on the link to last years post! I said to have my tonsils out! Well I have the op booked for the 17th of January...so no I didnt do it last year but ive been having thaughts about canceling it because I am scared but after reading that back, I am so happy that am having it sorted after all the years of trouble!
So mine are.
1. Tonsils out-know ill keep it, its booked!
2. Quit smoking- I HAVE to do this before my op so new years day..it stops, gotta go get patches etc next week,
3. Get my teeth whitened professionaly-again, when the smoking stops this is the reward-its like a little sequence of event haha!
4. But a new car..my cars getting a bit scabby, need a new one.
5. Go on holiday with my mum again as I did this year, I think finding time to spend quality time with loved one is important.
6. Sort out my health and my weight..!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE!!!!!x

Oh i like this idea...

Mine are.....

1) Do really well in my exams(level 3 hair & beauty therapy diploma)
2)PASS my driving test-it has been cancelled twice due to snow
3)Give blood more often
4)Finally take a year out and go to oz with my boyfriend(my sis lives out there)
5)Lose weight :lol:

Merry xmas everyone XxXxX

Latest posts

Back