New York Trip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Its my daughters 21st this year and want to take her on a short trip to new york (4-5 days) I don't know anything about new york so need you guys who have been to tell me.
I don't know which airport to fly in to, wheres the best place to stay, what to visit etc.

When we went we flew into JFK but there is also La Guardia.

We stayed with relatives so I can't help you there.

I went up the Empire state building, visited Ground Zero, took a ferry trip round the Statue of Liberty, went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square, did tour round Central Park, went to Grand Central station and a few other things. HTH

Hiya! New York is amazing no matter what you do! We flew into Newark airport then got the train then the underground to our hotel. The moment you step out onto the streets is amazing, the whole atmosphere. We stayed in a hotel called Hotel Stanford, was on 54th street something like that, on 5th av. Was a nice small hotel, fairly cheap but was all you need as your not in the hotel much.
We visited Central park a few times, Empire state, St pauls cathedral, went on the ferry for 3 hours takes you right round the island so you cann see everything, well worth while doing, theres loadsa guys that stand on the streets and sell tickets, but your best walking right down to the coastline and buying tickets at the ferry station, although queues can be big. You can buy a pass ticket i think online before you go that allows you to the front of all the queues anywhere, as they can be quite big.....
anyway then there is a free ferry that take you to statue of liberty and staten island - near the ground zero which is worth looking at....
Your best buying a new york tourist book from whsmith and marking out where you want to go and how to get there as it will help time wise.....
hope this helps!! any questions let me kno!
x

we flew to jfk. take a cab I think their around $50.00 make sure its a yellow cab not a limo. we ended up in a limo and paid double, but it was great.
we stayed at the millford just off times square. staff very unhelpful and rude, but wow where in new york, that's what the new yorkers are like.
But for the central location worth it. go to ground zero whilst there, don't forget to go to century 21 great shop near by and worth a visit.
Go early to statue of liberty. get very busy, the earlier the better.. jump on a tour bus fabulous value for money and you can hop on and off when you like. we had a fantastic time, very envious. buy yourself a book on new york and study before you go , as when you arrive you can get overwelmed and end up walking in circles lol
Oh and go to empire state building once in the day and once at night it's fantastic.:green:
thg

I agree 100% with thg that you absolutely have to go to Century 21. In fact, I'd dedicate a whole day to spend there. I'm from Toronto originally and me and my mom used to fly to NYC for the weekend just to go to Century 21! It's a huge discount department store that sells all sorts of designer stuff (clothes, shoes, bags, houseware, everything really) for next to nothing. We used to wear shoes and clothes that were on their way out so that we could just throw them out after shopping so we didn't have to waste any of our baggage weight allowance when we were flying home lol. Oh, also, you should check out how much stuff you are allowed to bring back if shopping is a big part of the plan. If you are only going for 4 or 5 days, I think you'll only be allowed to bring 1/2 as much back than if you were staying for a week so the extra 2 days might be worth it. Enjoy!

i meant to go to century 21 and just did not have time :(
i dont agree with all new yorkers being rude and unhelpful, i found they were amazing in the majority of places, more than willing to help and chatty......

Latest posts

Back