New Young Nails ManiQ colours question please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I am just getting to grips with the Young Nails ManiQ/Polish mix and have a question regarding their new premixed colours.
I understand it says you need to apply a base coat and a topcoat, (which obviously need to be purchased seperately) well, couldn't you use the ManiQ gel as the base and topcoat (like you do with the polish mix routine)??

I'm going to purchase a large pot of ManiQ gel and possibly some premixed colours but don't like the idea of also having to fork out for an additional base and topcoat. So, Would the ManiQ gel work instead of a seperate basecoat and topcoat???
Thanks and have a fab Xmas xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi there.
Yes you can use the mani q as your base coat, if your using the new colours as an overlay onto natural nails/
You should use the base coat if your going to use the colours over enhancements. ( acrylic or gel):)

Hi there.
Yes you can use the mani q as your base coat, if your using the new colours as an overlay onto natural nails/
You should use the base coat if your going to use the colours over enhancements. ( acrylic or gel):)

Thanks for the reply. Can I just ask, why can't you use the ManiQ as a basecoat with enhancements? Also, Can I use the ManiQ gel in place of the seperate topcoat too? (to cap/seal the colour?). Would I then finish with a regular (not cured) topcoat .

If I use the ManiQ gel as the basecoat would I still have to follow the method of protein bond, thin ManiQ and cure 2 mins, tacky off, buff, 2nd coat of protein bond THEN proceed with the premixed colours??

Sorry for all the questions!!

Thankyou again for all your help xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back