New youtube format Hi Quality

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
Youtube have a new format for videos (Hi Quality)
it's makes for much better viewing of content.
If you have a youtube account and a half decent connection, click on you user name, then "playback setup" and choose "I have a fast connection).
This will allow you to see videos in their new format (if they have been uploaded in the new format).
They look so much better, sound better and do not break up as much with "high motion", such as filing.
I have been experimenting and would like your opinions (if any) in regard to the new format.
Adjust your settings in youtube then check out 2 of my samples of the same video.... theres are little message at the bottom right hand corner under the video which gives you option for "high" or "normal".
Check out the difference (it will take me a few days to render my latest vids), but I do think it's worth it.

YouTube - Normal Quality normal quality (with no option)

YouTube - sorry for test, this is in new format higher quality with both "high" and "normal" options.

Is it worth the effort .... and I mean "hours" of effort?

Last edited:
The normal quality video stopped at 1.14sec and wouldn't go past it.

The second video was much clearer, played without a hitch (although some txt was upside down) the actual picture was way clearer than the first, not so much motion blur with the files and generally smoother.

OMG, upside down text, must have something to do with being broadcast from the land downunder :eek:

Higher quality video alot better Carl!!

I think I can say on behalf off all us nail geeks, that we very much appreciate your hard work and effort you put into your video's!!

Thank you Carl!!!

Angie

xx:hug:

Oh hell yes its so much better.....it really takes hours though? hmmm...now I'm thinking (dangerous at best)....

Oh hell yes its so much better.....it really takes hours though? hmmm...now I'm thinking (dangerous at best)....

hours to make ... not hours for you to see

The quality is better in the high quality play back Carl but do you think it is worth the extra time you say you need to put in for the higher quality playback?

The second one is so much better, without the motion blur that makes me feel a bit dizzy. But I think you have to weigh up for yourself if the extra time you have to invest is worth it. Your videos are always so informative, I'm so glad that you do this for us. xx

I've just watched the second video on You Tube in both formats, and the difference is actually amazing. The high quality file has none of the pixelating shown in the low quality one.

and it's possible to watch the high quality one in full screen with all the detail still there. Guess what my vote goes for? But as I said, you have to decide if it is worth your time input xx

something I have just noticed ...... if I click on them in here (and play them embedded in Salongeeek) the low quality plays almost exactly the same ...... But when played at Youtube, the difference is amazing.
go figure.

Last edited:
Well I did have to go play them via youtube to see the difference too Carl. I presumed the playback of both on here were normal quality and only high quality on youtube when I select the high quality option that is available on the second option.

I didn't want this thread to die just yet .......
So I made a little video capture and uploaded it to youtube for those that may seem confused
YouTube - How to see videos in High Quality

and here's a sample, (is this me speaking to you) ?

From now on I will be uploading all videos to youtube in HIGH QUALITY........ If you want to find my videos on youtube,

just search for "nailzoo" in the youtube search box..... I'm luurrrrving the "high quality" option.

YouTube - Natural Nail Transformation

Last edited:
I have seen these videos, and of course they are fantastic.
You are amazing. And thats all I have to say about that.

What's the time difference come from? Are you having to encode differently, or is it just a bigger file and thus a longer upload?

Latest posts

Back