Newbie here - my Gelish starter colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelt73

Reaction score
Hi All

Am new here and new to Gelish so firstly let me say hi ;)

Ever since I can remember I've had a hankering to work with nails and so I've finally taken the plunge, booked my Gelish 101 course in March. It's all very exciting and I cannot wait to get started.

After much consideration (not easy when there are so many gorgeous colours) I have now whittled down my choices for my starter kit (plus a few extras) as follows :

Sleek White
Vegas Nights
Champagne
Little Princesses
After Party Espresso
Exhale
Gossip Girl
Good Gossip
Star Burst
My Forbidden Love
Oocha Coocha Bing Bam Alakazy Alakazam
Caution
Sweet Chocolate
Inner Vixen
Night Reflection
Black Shadow

Any opinions would be gratefully received, thank you :lol:

I like water field as this glitter can be put over any colour. :)

Think you've chosen a great set of colours to get you going! I love pink smoothie, it's nice and neutral. Good luck with your course :)

Thanks, I love all the colours, it was so hard to whittle it down to these to start off with :eek:

Some great colours there but the only one I would leave out is Inner Vixen as it does seem to be more difficult to apply than most of the others. As you are doing the course soon though it might be worth you taking it along to get some hints and tips on how to apply it without any problems x

You're doing the same course as me, in March also.

I'm just having the 3 colour starter kit, so i need to choose a white and a sheer for the french but then choose another colour entirely, probably be a darker nude-ish colour or maybe an orangey colour, oh decisions decisions too many colours to choose from!!

Thanks Angelcake, already ordered the Inner Vixen and currently have it on my nails as a colour fade with Good Gossip so I'd like to get to grips with it :)

ClaireBee, is your course with Catherine Jiminez? If so, small world and I will see you there ;)

As the summer is coming I used tiger blossom a lot last year and probably will this year
Vegas nights is fab as it goes with everything xx
Good gossip is always a winner too
But good for you doing the 101 and hope you have lots of fun
Xx

Thanks Angelcake, already ordered the Inner Vixen and currently have it on my nails as a colour fade with Good Gossip so I'd like to get to grips with it :)

ClaireBee, is your course with Catherine Jiminez? If so, small world and I will see you there ;)

Inner Vixen is one of my absolute favorites! Angelcake is right though..it is definitely trickier to apply but just make sure your coats are very thin and you should be good!

If you haven't already seen there are a few links to look at also. I go back to them ALL the time! So you might like to see them too! Have fun.

This group---> Salon Geek - Gelish Lovers

And this thread---> http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/165706-what-gelish-colours.html

Yes it is, the 2nd & 3rd then the 16th? how cool is that, see you there.

What size starter kit are you having BTW?

Yes it is, the 2nd & 3rd then the 16th? how cool is that, see you there.

What size starter kit are you having BTW?

I'm so excited I think I could pee glitter lol!

I have opted for the 10 colour starter kit as I knew there was no way I could narrow my choices down even further lol, and I have also managed to purchase 6 other nearly new Gelish colours via a technician on the Nail Harmony UK Facebook page.

Now I need to sit on my hands and let my wallet recover!

See you on the 2nd x

Latest posts

Back