Newbie wanting extensions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyMama

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Charlotte (35) and live in Hampshire. I am currently doing my level 2 hairdressing at college and working 2 days a week in an amazing salon who do loads of training. I also want to do hair extensions and am going on a Belle training course on 29th which I am super excited about!

Have been looking through all the hair extensions posts on here and it looks like a bit of a minefield. It makes me slightly nervous. Please feel free to throw any advice at me you wish someone had given you as a newbie

Try look for another training course for extensions because their course isn't indepth.

Try look for another training course for extensions because their course isn't indepth.
Oh really?! Bum. I have also been looking into training with Zen hair. I can't find anything about them on here though.

The good courses are really expensive such as Hair Rehab London is a really intense course.

Hi!
It's useful if you have a colleague who is already an extension technician who you can observe and pick up tips. I learnt this way then did a course with glamorous lengths which was great but more difficult to those with less experience.
I would research which courses are available in your area then look at reviews and feedback. You'd benefit from taking a minimum of a full day course, but ideally longer. I would start with one attachment method and build your confidence before learning a second method. Once you have the basics and are qualified I would offer your service at a discounted rate to begin with (but make sure you are profiting) then increase the price as you gain experience.
Hope this helps! x

I trained with Maxwell Melia, quite recently, and they were amazing. Really pleased with the training I received x

Hello everyone!

I'm Charlotte (35) and live in Hampshire. I am currently doing my level 2 hairdressing at college and working 2 days a week in an amazing salon who do loads of training. I also want to do hair extensions and am going on a Belle training course on 29th which I am super excited about!

Have been looking through all the hair extensions posts on here and it looks like a bit of a minefield. It makes me slightly nervous. Please feel free to throw any advice at me you wish someone had given you as a newbie
If you want any further training contact me I offer hair extension training and offer 1-2-1 training courses, they are very in-depth and I offer ongoing support forever x

We would love to speak with you regarding some of our trade account benefits!

Hair Rehab London provide a wide range of hair extensions, hair accessories and styling tools to the retail and trade markets. We make great hair achievable for all. From our price-conscious easy to fit Instant Range to our award-winning quality Clip-in’s to our long-life industry recognised Salon Professional range. We support the sale of our products with easy to follow tutorials and style inspiration and we raise the bar across the industry by insuring all of our staff are ABT qualified and able to help with any technical advice. We are one of the most recognised Hair Extension brands in the UK and overseas. Over the last fifteen years, we have ensured our customers can have the hair of their dreams through a wide choice of high quality products in a myriad of shades delivered with exceptional customer service from a company that is as passionate about hair as you are.

WHY WORK WITH HAIR REHAB LONDON?
  • No minimum spend per order
  • Competitive trade discount
  • Next day delivery and 4pm cut-off
  • Regular e-newsletters & Whatsapp broadcasts with exclusive discounts
  • Award-winning quality hair available in 5 methods and 5 lengths
  • Dedicated Account Manager and 24/7 support team
  • Promotion and exposure on our Social Media channels (combined reach 2.5M)
  • A listing on our Approved Salon Directory
  • Special event invitations and opportunities for celeb collaborations
xx

I trained with Maxwell Melia, quite recently, and they were amazing. Really pleased with the training I received x
Hi! I am considering training with them...how are you getting on a year later? I am a trained hairdresser just want to unskill x

Latest posts

Back