Newly Opened Salon - Stock Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUTY195

Reaction score
I have recently opened a new salon and everything seems to be running smothly apart from the stock!
I just can't seem to get the ordering right and seem to either be buying into too much or too little.
Can anyone give me any hints on how to be more organised or what procedures they have in place to keep the stock running smoothly!
The last thing I want is to run out and not be able to complete a clients treatment - nightmare!!!

two answers here, first keep records of what you buy and use. Very quickly a pattern will emerge of the products that get used the most. Second, check your column maybe 2 days ahead and make sure you have everything you need in stock.
Maybe you need to do a quick daily stock check until you are more confident with your ordering.

i now stock take every saturday..
i order over the weekend for tuesday.

i always make sure i have 1 extra (not yet opened) of bleach, foils, peroxide, shampoo,conditioner and replace any colours used that week...

i dont order loads i just get big sizes of everything e.g 5 litres etc..

i always check stock again on fridays and go my local capital to get extra bits and bobs if needed for saturday...

my salon is new too and it is hard to get a balance and not buy things you dont need

Latest posts

Back