Newly qualified and so nervous

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise2019

Reaction score
Girls I paid a lot of money for a gel and acrylic nail course and although I passed all my exams I still feel so nervous and have no confidence at all :sad:

The place where I trained ( not mentioning it here) were very patronising and basically made me feel crap. Never again.

Anyway I can do it but its been almost a year since I've done anyone's nails. Now I've two girls looking for acrylic and I'm so nervous. They both have short nails. I'm wondering will the tips even go on and all sorts!!
:sad:

Hi Louise, I dont think any training will fully prepare you for going it alone and working on paying clients. You need to be brave and just go for it!! It maybe uncomfortable and you may make mistakes BUT you'll learn from it and gain confidence along the way. Do you have friends/family who you could do to gain confidence?? Its all about getting into a routine with your application process and then it'll come more naturally but until you do more people its not going to happen. Good luck and go for it. Im sure you'll be fine :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't worry :) everyone has to start somewhere! Can you practise on family or friends? x

Thanks girls. Yes that's my biggest downfall. I don't get any practice.

I have opened my NSI kit today and the tube that holds my acrylic no 8 brush is all wrinkled!! I rang them today and the lady in the shop said they aren't meant to be stored in that container. (Only with the little clear lid with the hole )

In my training I was tod to store it that way and is obviously wrong!!! God knows what else is wrong that they have told me.

Girls what way do you's extend short nails? Thank you kindly. Appreciate the reassurance x

Latest posts

Back