Newly Qualified - What do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunette87

Reaction score
Hi There,

I just completed a begineers Acrylic course and am going to do nails for family and friends for a while to get better - i will see how i get on and them maybe do further courses to improve.

At the course we got a starter kit was all the basics:
White Tips and Natural Tips
Pink and White powder
Primer
Nail Fresh
Tip Remover
Tip Cutters
Files - Hard, Soft (100/180 and 100/100) Buffer and super Shiner
Acrylic Round Edge 8 Brush
3 Dappen Dishes
5 Orangewood Sticks
Dusting Brush
Glue
Cotton Pads
Cuticle Oil

It all came in a little carry case.

It will take about 2 weeks for my certificate to come to until then i cannot get insurance but i want to have everything in place ready to do nails straight away - This also restricts where i can buy things from (Salon Services wont allow me as trade until i get my certificate)

Thinking of getting:
Metal Pusher
Metal Cuticle Cutters
Spirit Sterilizer - can anyone advise where i can get this from/its proper name?
Appointment book - can anyone suggest a good one/good place to get from?
Carry Case - one that easier to use. can anyone suggest a good one/good place to get from?
Cuticle oil to sell to customers.

Have i missed anything out/is there something else thats a good idea to have?

All help and advise greatly welcomed and appreciated :)

Hi and welcome

Where did you train and who did you train with (what brand) and how long was the course?

You should take a few minutes to up-date and fill in your profile as at the moment it is not telling us a thing about YOU. It is much easier to offer help when asked for if we know more about your brand and your level of experience and all that can be put onto your profile; usually the first thing most of us look at before answering questions.

Hi and welcome

Where did you train and who did you train with (what brand) and how long was the course?

You should take a few minutes to up-date and fill in your profile as at the moment it is not telling us a thing about YOU. It is much easier to offer help when asked for if we know more about your brand and your level of experience and all that can be put onto your profile; usually the first thing most of us look at before answering questions.

Good point - i will fill in my profile soon - this is an old account so totally forgot about that :)

I trained with NailZone a Glasgow based company and did an 2 day intense course. I checked the thread on here before i went about what a basic course should cover as a minimum and this course did cover that and a bit more :) Nailzone gave us a starter kit Starter Pack and this is all their own brand :)

HI

How did you find this nailzone training, i have been looking at this and NSI, but NSI training day doesnt suit.

On here all i can see it negitive or no reply to nailzone :confused:

your responce would be very much appricated :)

Hi There,

I thought the 2 day course was really good - I also read negative comments but decided to go ahead with it as it suited me best in terms of pricing, dates, and teaching. I had looked at other courses and the prices were higher and either based in Glasgow or home training with a DVD!

I read a thread on here first about what a beginner course should cover as a minimum - i noted it down and ticked each one off as we went through - this course covered in and more.

Given that its limited time within two days they dont go thru each nail condition etc but you have all the information to study urself at home.

For me its perfect – I wanted to do nails as more of a hobby to do on friends and family.

The trainer was really good and helpful and there is a contact number to get in touch with them anytime – so if you finish the course and keep practising on people and find something wrong/something strange u havent came across they would be there to help you.

The only negative thing I can say about it is that the lighting in the room wasn’t great so a slight bump I had on a models finger(due to my pinky leaning on the nail just after I put acrylic on!) wasn’t really noticeable until we went outside – that isn’t a major thing though!

So I would recommend this course for sure :confused: Good Luck!

HI

How did you find this nailzone training, i have been looking at this and NSI, but NSI training day doesnt suit.

On here all i can see it negitive or no reply to nailzone :confused:

your responce would be very much appricated :)

Hi, you can do the NSI foundation gel or acrylic course over 8 Monday evening rather than 4 full Mondays if that suits you better! I'm just about finished
doing the gel foundation on Monday evenings. Y

Latest posts

Back