Nice caramel tones for base 4 hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
I've a new client who is around a base 4/5 looking to have caramel tones like cheryl coles. I use wella at the moment and was thinking of just going with a 9.0 as she has quite a lot of warmth in her hair already.

Anyone else any suggestions of what else I could use to bring out those colours?

Thanks

If her base tone 4/5 is virgin and you are going straight on that then you'll be fine with a 9 , 10 or even someting like a 9/17 will give you that caramel colour . I say the 9.17 as the 9 can sometimes come out copper/orange on a base tone. If not lifting enough then would need to go right onto the lighter levels. Also really lovely if going for the Cheryl Cole look is to have some toffees running through as well , 7/37 or along those lines. x

never thought of 9.17 and haven't used 7.37 at all so will have a look at that.
Had considered a few colours but not used these toffee/caramel tones yet so was unsure the best colours to go with.
Thanks for your advice x

Im glad this thread has come up, ive got a client who wants cheryls hair..
She has been box colouring it herself, so obviously im going to have to prelighten the subtle highlights.. What would be best to use over it that wont fade out too quickly???
thanks in advance
xox

Im glad this thread has come up, ive got a client who wants cheryls hair..
She has been box colouring it herself, so obviously im going to have to prelighten the subtle highlights.. What would be best to use over it that wont fade out too quickly???
thanks in advance
xox

Ooo err.... :) Think you might have to go into a bit more detail ... eg the natural base what colour it is now and what test pieces have you done so far to see what degree of lightness and tones you may have achieved with the bleach tests already ?
It might be worth opening up your own thread so it won't get all mixed up with missfits .

I've a new client who is around a base 4/5 looking to have caramel tones like cheryl coles. I use wella at the moment and was thinking of just going with a 9.0 as she has quite a lot of warmth in her hair already.

Anyone else any suggestions of what else I could use to bring out those colours?

Thanks

Hi if she is a natural base 4 to 5 with a lot of warmth you may be better with an ash tone to counteract the warmth I find an 8/1 or a 9/1 is very nice but do some test pieces as some hair only needs the 6% developer and others may 9% developer.... sometimes I alternate the developer with the same tube of colour which achieves varied shades of caramel tones

Latest posts

Back