Nice cuticle edge with gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hhh

Reaction score
Hi has anyone got any tips to share on how to get a nice and neat curve of gel polish along the nail/cuticle edge. Mine isn't perfect yet. Thank you :)

Used to use a small brush dipped in remover to tidy up, but since going on my course found the painting technique shown in person much easier to pick up and not even need the clean up brush any more. Saying that some brushes are awful and even a good painter will have trouble.

Which brand are you using ?

Liverpool Lashes shows in this video the capping of free edge technique, and has a good style to learn from

Used to use a small brush dipped in remover to tidy up, but since going on my course found the painting technique shown in person much easier to pick up and not even need the clean up brush any more. Saying that some brushes are awful and even a good painter will have trouble.

Which brand are you using ?

Liverpool Lashes shows in this video the capping of free edge technique, and has a good style to learn from

Thank you that video is perfect :) I will be giving that ago. I use gelish products, I'm not getting polish on the skin but it wasn't quite a perfect curve. But hopefully using these tips I will get a perfect finish. Thank you

Excellent tutorial!

What kind of remover Jenny Jo? If using shellac would it be something like IPA? Great tip btw! X

Great video, well suggested

What kind of remover Jenny Jo? If using shellac would it be something like IPA? Great tip btw! X

Hi, with regular polish just a tiny bit acetone in dappen dish (not the oily ones as they're not as accurate), and for gel polish your respective brands dehydrator (ingredients vary).

Some synthetic brushes bristles can end up sticking together if soaked for too long n acetone, so after cleaning off colour with your remover, also rinse with water to preserve the bristles :)

Latest posts

Back