Nice natural sandy blonde not ash/platinum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinniezo

Reaction score
Please help me it's so hard to find an answer to this simple question!

I have a client who is a natural base 5-6 (I'd say more 5) she has an inch or so of roots and the rest is pretty brassy blonde from previous colours, mainly bleach and a 6 which has become quite faded and on the ends and fairly warm on the roots.

I know how to achieve a very cool blonde look (this is not what I want) I want to end up with a lovely natural sandy/creamy/champagne blonde. I'm dubious about using a cool highlift as it won't lift the roots light enough. I'm guessing my only choice is working with bleach and 6% and then a cool 6 on the roots and ends and then toning the bleach after. I just don't want the bleach to go too ashy.

Can I risk a cook 7 on the roots to end up with a nice toffee? Or will this be too dark/warm on a base 5. I'd like to end up with a champagne type blonde (in fudge it was 10.3 but moving over to wella now) with a natural cool toffee blonde too. Nothing too harsh.

Any replies would be gratefully received as I have to do this client hair tomorrow!!!

Please help me I'm stumped due to the dark roots and a nice toner that doesn't zap all the warmth!

Tia

I use kolleston 9/38 on one if my clients and that's a beautiful champagne blonde not brassy at all so maybe see what other /38 shades there are I know illuminum do them too x

Thanks! Do you mean using this as a toner? If used in KP this would not lift enough on base 5.0 roots? Surely

Thanks! Do you mean using this as a toner? If used in KP this would not lift enough on base 5.0 roots? Surely

I just ment the /38's are a nice blonde , I doubt it would lift from a 5 but I do use it as a toner too and 10/38 mix 1-2 with pastel x

Tone with a /36 or /38... 9/36 colour touch perhaps?

Tone with l'Oreal richesse 9.13 think that will work lovely x

Try 6/77 wella Kp that's nice aswell x

Thank you so much! Am I right in staying away from high lifts on this base hair? Also, to break up the brassy blonde before I tone I'm thinking bleach 6% roots and lightly skim the odd end with bleach and 3%, just to break it all up a bit?

The 6/77 KP...no base with that on the roots? Just straight in with 3% ends? All my clients up here seem to have such complicated hair! I'm booked on a pure blonde and colour correction course in London soon to refresh in wella so I really appreciate this site at the moment!!!

Latest posts

Back