Night cream - to use or not to use??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
I have been wanting to start using a night cream for a while now. I am in my late 20s and thought it's about time to get one. However, I am a bit confused whether it really gives you the benefits that it's supposed to.
Firstly, I was told by my previous employer(salon owner&therapist for many years) that she doesn't believe in night creams, she believed in using just a moisturiser for the night.
Yesterday, at the ProBeauty I had a skin analysis done by Dermalogica and after asking about the night cream the therapist said, Dermalogica don't do night creams because they don't believe in it.
So my question is, is it really essential to use a night cream or will a moisturiser give you the same benefits?
Any answers are much appreciated.

PS: I use Dermalogica for my skincare.

Hi,

It's good to use a night cream because when you sleep your body gets the chance to focus more on things like the regeneration of skin therefore this is the best time to 'feed' your skin.

During the day a light cream or lotion with spf will keep the skin hydrated and protected but at night you have the chance to give your skin all the nourishment it needs to repair and regenerate.

This is why the companies make different formulations for night and day, because your skin has different needs at night as it does during the day.

Hope this helps :)

Lindsey x

Night creams are really good, more so as you get older. Your body regenerates during sleep and a night cream can be made heavier and more concentrated than anything that we would feel comfortable wearing during the day.

It is down to personal choice but I wouldn't be without mine.:D

Latest posts

Back