nightmare client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coops

Reaction score
I'm sure you've noticed my threads about straightening products recently. Well, my new client wanted her hair straightened and coloured 4 shades lighter than her natural colour. She is from malaysia and apparently has had the process done in one go over there many times. I have been looking into different products for her but as she is away a lot she's not been about to strand test or anything, not that I was very hopeful as her hair was a mixture of grown out colours and the condition didn't look too great either. So, I've been getting lots of calls from her asking lots of different questions about the process and her suggesting some very strange ways of doing it. She turned up today with awful hair that her 'hairdresser friend' had done. I think she did it herself really, though I don't know where she got the products from. She's had it straightened with wellastrate and during the nuetralising stage diacolor gelee was added. Now I know you can add wella colour to the nuetraliser but surely not diacolor? The condition is horrendous, especially through the parts that had been straightened previously (I still don't know how it was done or what with before as it was in malaysia and boards (?) were used). I'm planning on staying well away from doing anything chemical to her hair!! She wants to know what will happen to the colour now but I have no idea! For all I know it will all wash out when she shampoos it next! I don't know wella products very well. Can anyone offer any advice? Apart from being way too booked to fit her in ever?

If I remember correctly, you can use Diacolor during the neutralising process.

You need to make it very clear to her that regardless of how her hair has been coloured/straightened in the past, this is not how you work. If she doesn't like your methods, then don't take her on as a client.

Maybe recommending a long term care plan for her hair to get it in optimum condition maybe the way to go? Sometimes clients need to be told that what they want is not what they will get immediately and it may be a slower process.

If she can't accept this, then it is not worth your reputation to do something you are not happy with. :)

Sometimes clients need to be told that what they want is not what they will get immediately and it may be a slower process.

If she can't accept this, then it is not worth your reputation to do something you are not happy with. :)

You are quite right, though I know this is going to be a difficult point to get across to her!

Don't know if there is something in the water but I've had a few ddifficult new clients this week, had to chuck one out of the salon today! Never done that before!

Thankyou, it's good to get a confirmation of my thoughts, especially when there's noone in the salon to talk things over with x

Latest posts

Back