Nightmare day in the salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
Omg today has sucked! I did a set of gel nails in my new LED lamp, I did 3 layers and the top one didn't set so I thought I must have done it too thick but I swapped to my CND lamps just incase. Well one hand just wiped clean off, the bulbs had gone in my 4th CND lamp so I'll have to send that back, luckily I have 2. So my next set I got my LED lamps out again, one hand just wiped straight off again, this time the lights have gone off in my LED lamp do that will have to go back, luckily the other one works fine. So it took me 2hrs to do a soak and gel polish, the whole time there was banging from the builders and they were lumpy as hell from all the layers and then I had to put 3 layers of UV gel (bio) because it was dull. Then I mixed up my pot of clear and UV gel and now I don't know which one is which, I'm 2 lamps down with a diary full of appointments and I don't think any of the nails I've done today will last. :(

Last edited:
Hugs to you, we all have those horrible nothing goes right days. Take a big breath and start a new with each client ☺️ Best of luck to you🍀🍀🍀🌹

I would throw a full blown tantrum to who ever selling you dud lamps.
I had same thing and I found my bulbs gone I also bought 6 Calgel lamps my lifetime and now had broken 3 by dropping myself so if you kick up enough fuss they will do something.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Just though of this , have you checked your electric socket?

I have kicked up a fuss but sweet squared aren't interested :(. It's definitely the lamps not the plug sockets as my other lamps work fine. It just made me really aware of how dependant I am on the lamps and it's so frustrating faffing on sorting out replacements x

No advice re the lamps but for your bio pots, clear will have a very slight yellow tinge, uv is crystal clear. If still not sure apply it to your own nails using mystery gels as finishing layers, the uv gel won't soak off without that layer being removed. I hope that's helps a bit x

Do you need to apply the gel a lot thinner with the led lamps?
If so do you find yourself having to do 3 coats of colour?

I may be wrong ... But I seem to find that the gels I use ( young nails builder) do not cure in LED at all but only under UV. same with cnd shellac I believe only will cure in UV??

Latest posts

Back