Nightmare Gellux nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo

Reaction score
sorry me again... am I the only one so so confused just by everything regarding what to use with gellux nail extensions. im so close to just giving up but I don't want to

Im going to try new products for the nail extensions and was thinking once the nail tip was on to apply: Brisa Lite removable smoothing gel? Would you agree this would be suitable? and would i do 2 layers of this???

Also, I was using The edge natural nail tips... Is this a good make or would you recommend something else

Thanks for reading

Sam xx

also is the ibd clear gel just as good xx

Brisa lite smoothing gel wouldn't be strong enough on top of tips, it's used the strengthen natural nails.
You would need the Bria's lite sculpting gel xx

I am confused reading this too :confused:

Isn't Gellux a Gel polish, and not an enhancement system.

If you want to extend nails you will need to use a system designed for that.
CND BL Smoothing Gel is for overlays on natural nails, which adds some strength when using Shellac. To add length you would need to use CND BL Sculpting Gel.

Are you trained in enhancements, if so what system did you train with Gel or l&P and what brand?

Brisa lite smoothing gel wouldn't be strong enough on top of tips, it's used the strengthen natural nails.
You would need the Bria's lite sculpting gel xx

I ment Brisa lite sculpting gel......
Auto correct and stiletto nails are not working well for me today's

Gellux now have a hard gel system, called Gellux uv hard gel, is this what you are using or the gellux uv polishes?

Also normally with uv gel it is better to use clear tips so you know the gel is fully cured.

Who did you do enhancement training with.??

And maybe tell us what the problem is

Lol sorry izi doll..

Basically I trained with next step beauty for a one day course for gellux nail polish and enhancments. So we learnt how to put on tips and blend etc.

I just can't get the nails to stay on, I have been putting on 'pronto soak off gel' x2 then colours .

Maybe it's me and not the product... Ahhhh

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I also did some training with next step and hated pronto soak off! Switched to Brisa hard gel and loved it :)

I'm sorry but I really don't see how it would be possible to learn gel polish and enhancements in one day, it's just way too much. I though pronto was a Cuccio product so wouldn't have been covered on your gellux profile course? I also though that pronto was a soak off gel suitable for overlays only?

From what I can tell you aren't going to get good results with using these products for enhancements. I would concentrate on your gel polishing skills then move onto enhancements once you've had more training.

Good luck

I think you probably need some better training on how to do enhancements, I agree with the comments above training takes time, you need to do proper courses specific to learning how to prep, tip, apply products, doing infills, rebalances and removal, plus all the other stuff you need to know.

Then you need to practice with helpful friends and family as still takes time to get it right.

Find a good company to train with, with good products, quick half day/one day courses arnt always great and so many end up paying twice.

Thankyou ladies, I completely agree with you, that's the last time I do a one day course, I joined on the last day of them doing a week nail technician course and really felt she couldn't be bothered with the 3 of us on the one day as she had got quite friendly with the group that had been there all wk. I really wish I complained straight away now, so gutted

And thinking of it she very quickly told us how to infil then didn't have time to show us how to soak of nails (this I taught myself throught utube) oh I'm so gutted now I've really been ripped off :-(

Latest posts

Back