Nightmare with sinful polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
Fellow Geeks please help shed some light.............I dont use this site religiously, but the last query I had I received lots of sound advice, so hoping you can help again please.......

About 3 months ago I decided to start using sinful polish....because they have a huge range of colours and are relatively cheap..........

Ive never had any problems with them at all until now....

I had a client contact me who said that her nail polish had tiny air bubbles in it the day after I polished them...

Then another client who is a regular also sent a txt to say her polish also had little bubbles in it....I have painted her nails on several occassions before with no problems

So I decided to try the polish on my own nails left it half an hour and the same thing happened

I really dont know what I am doing wrong???

I thought initially it may have been the nail polish thinner I applied to some of the polishes this is a sinful brand, but I polished my nails with a brand new polish and the same thing happened.................

I always roll the polish not shake
squeak the nails with polish remover and dry
apply sinful basecoat(undercoat) wait to dry
apply two thin coats of sinful polish wait to dry after each coat
apply sinful topcoat (drie hard) and let dry naturally I advise the client to sit with hands flat and apart on the table so not to scuff etc whilst I tidy away all of my equipment.............

Please Help I am literally banging my head against a brick wall :grr:....This is obviously not looking very professional and I am worried that I will lose clients......

I am reluctant just to trash all the polishes as I have now built up a really nice collection and have spent about £200........

Any Advise greatly appreciated............

I also use the sinful colours but have not had any problems with them, I use them with jessica base and top coat so maybe try them with a different base and top coat to see if that helps?

Thanks Emma I will try a different base and topcoat.I tried to keep to the same brand as I thought it made it look more uniform and professional, but now that seems irrelevent if it means Im not going to get a good finish..........

Its nice to know that you arent having any problems it gives me more faith in the product but maybe not how Im doing it???

I used sinful on a client asshe ia allergic to formaldahyde, she informed that she had a reaction.
Posted via Mobile Device

I could probably understand that for the new client but I use sinful polish on my regular client and have never had an issue before/
Thankyou for the input though :)

I know what you mean about sticking to the same brand, I use the full range of jessica but just kept seeing the sinful polishes in the wholesalers and couldn't resist the great colours. Like I say iv had no problems and they last just as well. Good luck.

I have the same problem as does a few other salons that use it in my area.

It is soo annoying as the colours are gorge.
I complained to my suppliers they had no other complaintes till about 2 months later when a few other salons complained .

The manager got intouch with sinful and the response was that we were to take pictures of this for evidence.

Please anyone that is having trouble with the sinful polish bubbling complain cause nothing is being done i spent a load on nearly all the colours only to find i got clients who ive had for years not happy!!

One salon said if you use nsi top coat it doesnt bubble but that is not the answer!!

Hoorahh someone else has the problem sorry but i was begining to think i was doing something wrong!!:(

I have the same problem as does a few other salons that use it in my area.

It is soo annoying as the colours are gorge.
I complained to my suppliers they had no other complaintes till about 2 months later when a few other salons complained .

The manager got intouch with sinful and the response was that we were to take pictures of this for evidence.

Please anyone that is having trouble with the sinful polish bubbling complain cause nothing is being done i spent a load on nearly all the colours only to find i got clients who ive had for years not happy!!

One salon said if you use nsi top coat it doesnt bubble but that is not the answer!!

Hoorahh someone else has the problem sorry but i was begining to think i was doing something wrong!!:(

Likewise I feel better that someone else is having the same problem in the sense that maybe we are not doing anything wrong..... but obviously not happy that you share my frustration lol...............

I spent hours last night painting all my nails in different colours first with base polish then top coat
then polish on own
then base and polish
then base and top
yes it took forever lol but wanted to see the reaction..................

I actually found that the only nails not to bubble were those that I used no base and no top coat with???

So have gone out today and just bought a 2in1 base and top coat for a fiver and will try that to see if it is the base and top if not Ill be back to square one minus a fiver and minus a lot more clients if this continues to happen :mad:

Gorgeous baby btw

Latest posts

Back