NNO or Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole.B

Reaction score
If a clients own nails where long and in good condition but asked for acrylics with tips would you advise nno or would you cut nails and apply tips. Just had a couple of clients in the last week and done nno and they have gone away seemingly happy, but is that what they really wanted or did I persuade them while they are sat in the chair, if you know what I mean..xx

I suppose it depends on how long their natural nails are and how long they want their enhancements to be, plus, how long you recommend their enhancements to be :wink2: If you encourage them not to go longer then a NNO would be the best option IMO.

If they already have reasonably long natural nails but are looking for a bit more length then I would sculpt the extra length without reducing the length of their natural nails, unless they don't like to see their natural nail underneath.

I know from my own experience that clients don't even realise they can have an overlay.

I'm sure your clients were happy with the service.. it just wouldn't make sense to cut their nails only to apply tips :hug:

99% of my clients have NNO on their 1st visit....I guess I do sway them to my way of thinking but it doesn't take much really, i just show them how great their own natural nail can look without adding length. I use my POW and do a free edge on 1 nail...they see the difference it makes and how the optical illusion of the white makes the nail look longer instantly and they are knocked over by it.

I prefer it also because they are not leaving me with nails longer than they started with...so they have nothing new to get used to and this leads to zilch breakages....as there nails grow with the support of the gel overlay they get used to that extra length gradually.

There is just something about having "their own nails" that my clients love....and if a client came to me with naturally long nails i don't think I'd have the heart to chop em off...:lol:

No ....do not chop off,I hate chopping off good nails lol lol

I always ask them if they would like to keep their natural nails & then tell them how good the nno is.....Most of them dont realise its possible to keep their own, they think it has to be tips ...

95% of my clients are now nno...they love the fact that they are their own nails ....

Latest posts

Back