NNO - returning to brisa gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
I mainly use L&P and haven't done any gel nails for months. Last week I decided to bite the bullet and give my gels another chance. This is a natural nail overlay on myself using brisa soft white and warm pink opaque.

I see quite a few problems with the nail and I don't like the smile line. It was nice and crisp until I added my pink sculpting gel, that made it look blurred. How can I avoid that from happening and where else can I improve. I really struggle with gel and don't feel confident yet.

Btw, the piece of fluff on the tip in the side view picture is driving me crazy, I didn't see it until after pictures were put on my computer :mad:

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 497
overall the shape and structure of the nail is good.
the smile lines "blurred" after you applied the warm pink gel as it is opaque and not shher or transparent.
there are a few different ways of applying the gel that will solve the problem either
apply the opaque gel only up to and not over the smile line and if the apex etc.. needs building then use clear gel over the whole nail after
or
apply the warm opque gel first and then use a paint on gel over the top and then again apply clear over the whole nail if you need to.

Latest posts

Back