No big toe nail...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varley1

Reaction score
Hiya geeks

I've got a lady in tonight who wants shellac on her toes but doesn't have a toe nail on her big toe has anyone got advice on what to do or will it last if I put it on?
Thanks Sam xxx

You may want to build her a toenail out of gel or l&p, as long as she has a tiny bit of nail left.

You should never apply product directly to the skin.

So glad you asked this - as I am looking for the same answer! I have a client who has absolutely no big toe nail at all. Help!

There does not need to be nails to be able to reconstruct. I have done this many times for clients and some have NO nail at all. You can do it 2 ways. Either apply the product directly-if it stings, then dont do this way or apply foil over the toe and push really hard so that the foil takes the shape of the nail area. Then apply your product. When hardened, peel the acrylic nail off the foil and apply with adhesive to the skin.

Hiya geeks

I've got a lady in tonight who wants shellac on her toes but doesn't have a toe nail on her big toe has anyone got advice on what to do or will it last if I put it on?
Thanks Sam xxx

Hi Sam. Here's a link I found about the issue. I've never done this myself (applied product directly to skin). I've always worked with whatever leftover toenail was available.

http://www.nailsmag.com/article/91270/toenail-extension

I have a similar problem...a client would like gel on her toenails but they are black from bruising caused by wearing the wrong trainers for running....my question is can I still apply gel onto her bruised toenails??

I had a bride with this issue who had decided on open toe wedding shoes...?! I purchased a stick on toenail as I have not trained in l&p or hard gel so I couldn't sculpt one. It looked fab lasted 2 days and then I text her to make sure she removed it just so she didn't leave it on too long as i was worried in case bacteria or mould formed. As she was a one-off client so i wanted to make sure nothing untoward happened as I wouldn't see her again to check.

Latest posts

Back