No business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long&LushLocks

Reaction score
Hey lovelies

As the title says no business & it's frustrating , qualified in extensions for 2 1/2 years , I've had roughly 6-7 clients .... All of them do not return that's including maintenance !! ... Had a couple of girls who didn't follow aftercare or book in for maintenance & the problems that arised got plastered over Facebook & basically pooped on me from a great height , arms & legs were added no truth told ... So now I feel even though business wasn't booming it's certainly not now , I love doing hair , I've got a girl on the 28th for fitting & no more .... I've tried deals , group ons , money off , business cards / flyers & gumtree & nothing ?
How can I bounce back ? I won't post on groups on Facebook due to the abuse I got for the 2 girls refusing maintenance , I don't feel I should give up either due to that because I am good ... There's plenty girls near me who are out fitting everyday & they post there expensive bags , new boobs etc & I'm like I do the same but no clients [emoji23]
Any advice ?

Can you show us some photos of your work.. And photos of the fitting? So underneath, photos of the rings/bonds when fitted z

Hi, as above, do you have any before, during showing Bonds, Micros Nanos and after photos that would help us with any suggestions if you are open to criticism, which may be of help. Most of my work is word of mouth although I do get a few new clients from local advertising online. I can't say I have much from Fb as don't really advertise much on there as find like you, the clients that you tend to attract don't follow proper aftercare or have maintenance and then give the Extensionist all the grief which is totally unacceptable and upsetting, when you know you did a good job. I tend to only offer higher end services to clients based on our consultation, clients whom appreciate my work and want to get the best from their hair, not worrying about the cost of of upkeep. I would rather not do a service as you know its going to more hassle than benefit!
Don't be put off, if a new client asked about these unfair comments, tell them the truth that it was an aftercare problem not a problem with your fitting.

Don't reduce often/much. You'll only get cheap arses wanting a deal.

Give deals to loyal clients, conditioning treatment free if you book your maintence before you leave.

Do invite a friend offers.

Maybe get into a salon a couple days a week then you'll at least have passing trade rather than being mobile.

Hi, as above, do you have any before, during showing Bonds, Micros Nanos and after photos that would help us with any suggestions if you are open to criticism, which may be of help. Most of my work is word of mouth although I do get a few new clients from local advertising online. I can't say I have much from Fb as don't really advertise much on there as find like you, the clients that you tend to attract don't follow proper aftercare or have maintenance and then give the Extensionist all the grief which is totally unacceptable and upsetting, when you know you did a good job. I tend to only offer higher end services to clients based on our consultation, clients whom appreciate my work and want to get the best from their hair, not worrying about the cost of of upkeep. I would rather not do a service as you know its going to more hassle than benefit!
Don't be put off, if a new client asked about these unfair comments, tell them the truth that it was an aftercare problem not a problem with your fitting.
One of my downfalls is before photos & during , all the hassle was 2 months so deleted all my photos then few weeks ago started back up , new photos clean slate & since only got 3 people I took one before photo & client sent me a selfie herself & I had to use a photo off 2 clients facebooks for before , I don't mind criticism at all , if it helps me then happy to receive it , I'll attach the photos I do have
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469472369.209843.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469472415.542047.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469472304.544068.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469472317.042156.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469472331.650239.jpg

do you want me to be really honest hun. im not a hairdresser but use clip ins myself and i can get a perfect colour match. by the photos the second pic doesn't look like a great match. and in the last photo the quality of the extensions doesn't look great quality. i cant see the pics of the very blonde hair well enough to comment. but i have to be honest the fact that i can see where the ladies real hair finishes against the extensions and on the other pic the quality of the extensions look not great i would be put off to be honest. but like i said im not qualified so cant really judge and will probably get shot down for this post. i just wanted to give you feedback from what i see in the pics. massive hugs hun x

the quality of the 2nd pic looks much better than the first pic hun x

It's a hard industry to crack. I will be honest.

Your pictures need to be spot on. It's the first thing the client sees. If they see poor pictures then they won't book.

The blond pic needs more blending and the colour doesn't match unless you were going for an ombre finish :/ Extensions need to be seamless.
The dark hair picture looks scraggy and not appealing.

The hair needs to be polished and preened. There are so many great techs out there these days that your game needs to be 200% and your pictures have to be perfect as that is your advertisement.

Pictures are so important your only as good as your worst picture. I can do the most beautiful fittings and the picture can look terrible and the hair can look dry even though it's not. Keep your pictures simple, straighten the hair for the photos and try different light. ( facing the window or maybe back to the window each day the light is differnt) camera can pick up stuff not there !Really well blended extensions can look bad and dry in the wrong light.

Why not take your pictures on a blank background with the client standing against a light coloured wall it might work better, always make sure the finish on your hair extensions if straight are perfectly straight and if curled the curls are perfect. Fix the client how you want them and the pictures will look a lot better. Why not get a website and try instagram or twitter instead of facebook x

It's a hard industry to crack. I will be honest.

Your pictures need to be spot on. It's the first thing the client sees. If they see poor pictures then they won't book.

The blond pic needs more blending and the colour doesn't match unless you were going for an ombre finish :/ Extensions need to be seamless.
The dark hair picture looks scraggy and not appealing.

The hair needs to be polished and preened. There are so many great techs out there these days that your game needs to be 200% and your pictures have to be perfect as that is your advertisement.
Hi thanks for reply , the black set wasn't from first fitting , the girl had them in for 3 days & requested more , she had curled her hair previous day with tons of hair spray & didn't bother to brush or wash them hence the reason they look like that but do agree not appealing , they were perfectly smooth when I first put them in but forgot a photo , the second photo the client wanted lighter / OMBRE , she cuts her hair herself so was uneven and I showed her the end photo and she was happy with how it looked , I only cut the extensions not the hair so wasn't wanting to touch that part you can see further down , & the blonde girl didn't want an after photo says she'd take one herself :/ I've done a set last night , 2 shades of brown , remembered before during & after , I'll attach photo & you can give opinion :) Any criticism helps , I take it all into consideration to help better my work
Photo I've attached , on colour match was a perfect match but her hair has faded & she is going to hairdressers to get touch up
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469781657.451829.jpg

I'm actually doing maintenance on Wednesday for the girl with the black hair , once I'm done could I post a photo , with it looking a lot better than the photo attached & you's can let me know your opinions again ? I appreciate all the replies :)

Why not take your pictures on a blank background with the client standing against a light coloured wall it might work better, always make sure the finish on your hair extensions if straight are perfectly straight and if curled the curls are perfect. Fix the client how you want them and the pictures will look a lot better. Why not get a website and try instagram or twitter instead of facebook x
Good advice Denise. How are you? Hope your happy and well x

Hi thanks for reply , the black set wasn't from first fitting , the girl had them in for 3 days & requested more , she had curled her hair previous day with tons of hair spray & didn't bother to brush or wash them hence the reason they look like that but do agree not appealing , they were perfectly smooth when I first put them in but forgot a photo , the second photo the client wanted lighter / OMBRE , she cuts her hair herself so was uneven and I showed her the end photo and she was happy with how it looked , I only cut the extensions not the hair so wasn't wanting to touch that part you can see further down , & the blonde girl didn't want an after photo says she'd take one herself :/ I've done a set last night , 2 shades of brown , remembered before during & after , I'll attach photo & you can give opinion :) Any criticism helps , I take it all into consideration to help better my work
Photo I've attached , on colour match was a perfect match but her hair has faded & she is going to hairdressers to get touch up View attachment 199466

Excellent install, lovely and thick, brill job!!!

One of my downfalls is before photos & during , all the hassle was 2 months so deleted all my photos then few weeks ago started back up , new photos clean slate & since only got 3 people I took one before photo & client sent me a selfie herself & I had to use a photo off 2 clients facebooks for before , I don't mind criticism at all , if it helps me then happy to receive it , I'll attach the photos I do have View attachment 199397View attachment 199398 View attachment 199394View attachment 199395View attachment 199396

Lovely pics x

Good advice Denise. How are you? Hope your happy and well x

Hi I am fine thanks hope your well too. Been a long time since I first started doing hair extensions but i am busier than ever now x

Photo I've attached , on colour match was a perfect match but her hair has faded & she is going to hairdressers to get touch up View attachment 199466

this looks great hun <3 well done <3

What is the reason for applying 2 micro rings on each strand? xx

Latest posts

Back