No confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairysprinkles

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Help, I dont know what to do. I have no confidence in my eyebrow waxing.
When i was trained at college my tutor said i was fine,my few customers i have had said their eyebrows were fine. So why is it i dont believe them and still worry everytime i have someone booked in.
Im just so worry about taking too much off, and im such a perfectionist that a little is a lot to me

I think it is better to be this way, than not to care about your work being the best. Like everything, it just takes time to build confidence, and practice of course, you could do some of your family and friend, they are more like;ly to tell you if there was anything they would change etc, and ask them to be really honest, you will get there, have a read through te tutorials here on eyebrow shaping as well, it is a good atitude to want things to be perfect, so don't be so hard on yourself, xxx

Hi fairysprinkles,

I was just like you and still am to a degree. Like ruthlm says, it means you care about your work and want to do the best for people. I spent ages on here searching, asking questions and eventually decided to use a no strip wax (I use Berins blue but there are others). This made my life a lot easier. I now wax excess hair then finish and perfect with tweezers. What I wanted to do was train with the wax queen (she is on this site) and I still may do that at some point. Maybe that is worth looking into for you but I know how you feel and it will get better with more practice and experience.:hug:

Hi Fairyspinkles

I agree with both the girls above. It does take a bit of time to get your confidence. I always check what client wants before I start waxing (with a mirror) and again after I have finished (with a mirror). I always ask if they would like to change anything. Any little bits that need to be altered or "sharpened-up" I do with tweezers. A number of my clients have said that they were never asked their opinion after a treatment and not asked what they wanted done. I never assume the obvious.

I did non-strip waxing training with Andy R who posted on here (Axiom). He is brilliant and I came away from my session with him with a lot more confidence.

I am absolutely sure that you will be fine.

Brandy1

I have no confidence in my eyebrow waxing.
When i was trained at college my tutor said i was fine,my few customers i have had said their eyebrows were fine. So why is it i dont believe them and still worry everytime i have someone booked in.
Im just so worry about taking too much off, and im such a perfectionist that a little is a lot to me

Are you scared of getting it wrong? Me too! And just like the others have said, I too lacked confidence in this area but I tell you when it all changed .... it was the day I decided my fears had to stop and I had to embrace the subject. So instead of the usual chatter in my head that said something like "I hate eyebrow waxing" and instead kept saying to myself "I love eyebrow waxing" or "I love shaping eyebrows" and said it with a smile on my face and glowed with the feeling. Sure, at first I didn't really but I kept up the brave talk and you know what, it did not take long and now I have every confidence I can do a great job. I am extra careful and am still perhaps a tad slow because I will not just rip a strip across the eyebrow and I like to chat over with the client what their expectations are and I see myself as an artist. I may have had mixed results in the early days of my career but now I know I can do a great job and when people say they like it I know they really do because I know it is a great job!

I love the idea of HD brows and have studied a lot of photos and youtubes - even those really awful ones as there is always something interesting to learn such as not to do this or that. I genuinely love doing eyebrows now and no longer have to pump myself up about it. You can get there too. :hug:

i use hotwax for eyebrows . You can put it on and it gives a neater line in my opinion. Also, when you rip it off you can see what is getting ripped off. If you lack confidence then putting a bit of muslin over the area to be waxed can be a bit disconcerting as you cant see what is getting ripped off as easily.
You will get there:)

I do sympathise with you and I was the same when I first did them. Like you I only take a little off at a time and clients say they can't feel it. Then finish with tweezing a few. I used to feel sick before doing them but now I just worry about spray tanning lol. I'm not happy unless I have
Something to worry about :) keep at it and it will get better. I'm reading a book about positive thinking and changing your life for the better. So soon I won't have anything to worry about lol x

Practice does make perfect, & your confidence will build up in time.
How about doing the brow design course with Kim Lawless (The Wax Queen) where you are bound to pick up some tips & tricks & should make you feel more confident in your brow waxing. x

Thank you for all your kind words. It has helped me realise it happens to everyone.I think i will look into extra training to build up my confidence. im also liking the idea of using hot wax as that way i will be able to see what im taking off and not placing the muslin strip down and hoping:cry:
Thank you again
x x

Get five volunteers to grow their brows out so that you can shape them for free.

Take before and after pics and really study them in your own time so that you can examine where your strengths and weaknesses are. Get an honest friend to do a critique of your work too.

If you want, email the pics to me and I'll give you feedback. You might not even need extra training. xx

That's what I love about Kim and some other geeks who are happy to go that bit extra and give up their time to help. X

Right, what i do is... use vaseline if u need to around an on top main area of brow, then apply the wax where needed, an to make sure u dnt accidently take too much, simply apply ur small wax strip, on the wax with the edge of strip following the line of the brow so none of the strip is on the actually main part of brow... this means u cant acciudently push wax up onto the main brow n u cant go wrong!! xxx

Latest posts

Back